Re: [ORA Google Group] Meta-Node creation outside of the Visualizer

Kathleen Carley

Apr 28, 2023, 10:58:55 AM4/28/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
you should be able to use the locate group report

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 10:37 AM Matthew Hicks <mhi...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
I have several Twitter datasets from ~200,000 to ~1M nodes.

I am really only interested in the Leiden groups of each dataset and would like to make a network map with Leiden groups as meta-nodes mapped over the top of link information extracted from the the Agent x Agent - All Communication Network.

I am trying to avoid doing anything through the visualizer. I tried Visualization > Create meta-node by attribute/measure - Leiden Group or Create meta-node by Grouping. However clicking any of the Create meta-node options crashes ORA - my machine is obviously not beefy enough to handle visualizing and meta-node creation simultaneously.

Create partition networks does not seem to do the right thing nor does running Data Management > Meta-Network Groups.

My backup is to export the both Agent x Agent network and Agent Attributes (Locate Groups has been run and Leiden Group is now an attribute) and then create a new Leiden group x Leiden group network by iterating over every node and collapsing that row of the matrix into a new Leiden row based on matching row agent to Leiden group through agent attributes.

Is there anyway to accomplish this within ORA?

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science