Coding data for ORA

rona kurian

Jul 23, 2023, 1:55:05 PM7/23/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have collected data for formal interactions of individuals on a scale of seven points and informal interactions on a scale of five points. How will I find the values for the relationship in an Agent*Agent matrix?
Kindly suggest to me how to proceed further.
Thanks and Regards
Rona Elizabeth Kurian

Mihovil Bartulović

Jul 24, 2023, 8:18:59 AM7/24/23
to ORA Google Group

Dear Rona,

Depending on the kind of data you have, you'll need to use different methods to import it into ORA. From your description, I cannot determine whether you're working with Twitter data or a manually collected dataset (in a .csv / excel format) or something else.

Regardless of how you import your data, ORA will create networks for you. Once you import your data, if you expand your meta network on the left-hand side, you will see the "Agent x Agent" network (for Twitter data, it will be broken down into "Agent x Agent - Type of Interaction" networks). Here, if you select your "Agent x Agent" network and click on the editor tab on the right-hand side of ORA, you'll see all the values for individual links that connect a pair of Agents.

Hope this helps!

Shakir Karim

Jul 27, 2023, 8:28:47 PM7/27/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

image.png
I have action 8
agent 8
but when I create agent x action there is no value shown below
image.png

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science

Kathleen Carley

Jul 28, 2023, 9:54:20 AM7/28/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
what version of ora are you using?

Shakir Karim

Jul 28, 2023, 5:56:35 PM7/28/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Kathleen Carley

Jul 28, 2023, 6:02:49 PM7/28/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
did you purchase ora?  or get it off the casos web? You need a new version.  you are hitting a known error that was fixed

Shakir Karim

Jul 28, 2023, 6:19:57 PM7/28/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
I purchased it as the latest version, How can I get a new version?

Kathleen Carley

Aug 1, 2023, 12:31:15 PM8/1/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
hi - Netanomics sent you the new version of ora - it should solve your problem

Shakir Karim

Aug 1, 2023, 4:02:03 PM8/1/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kathleen,