network visualization in B&W

Marijke Hecht

Jun 16, 2020, 12:21:17 PM6/16/20
to ORA Google Group
I am trying to prep a network visualization in B&W for a paper. I have three different colors to indicate three distinct clusters. When I use the convert to grayscale function, two of the grays are indistinguishable from one another. How do I adjust the grayscale values so that they are easier to read? Thanks!

Jon Storrick

Jun 16, 2020, 12:54:53 PM6/16/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
What operation are you using to color the nodes? There's no way to adjust how the grayscale applies, but you can turn on Grayscale in "Display -> Grayscale" and see how whatever node coloring you apply will be affected by the grayscale.

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science

Jon Storrick |  jon.storrick (at) gmail.com

Marijke Hecht

Kathleen Carley

Jun 16, 2020, 3:14:16 PM6/16/20
to ORA List
try experimenting with the use of the log scale, or dividing the sizes in to 10 categories so there are only 10 levels of gray

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ORA-google-group/3cfda5b4-959a-4d8e-9dc8-3c67d0b55660o%40googlegroups.com.