The Sad Truth about Gov 2.0 and OpenGov

1 view

Lucas Cioffi

Feb 28, 2011, 1:59:46 PM2/28/11
to governmen...@googlegroups.com, TransparencyCamp, citizens-f...@googlegroups.com, opengovernm...@googlegroups.com, city...@forums.e-democracy.org, Open Government Directive Unconference (OGD UnCon)
The sad truth about Gov 2.0 and OpenGov is that they require us as a community to continue pushing them forward.
The happy truth is that our community has risen to the challenge over the past few years- let's keep it up.

The purpose of this email is to begin a conversation about whether we are capable of collaborating better across our many organizations-- the same way we're expecting government to collaborate.  I'm not pretending to know how this will work, but I'd like to find others who are willing to give it a shot and we can learn together.

So this is an experiment, and we'll only run it if we get a critical mass of energy around it.  If we can find 100+ people who are willing to organize a 2-hour outreach meeting to their local government officials during May 16-20, then we'll go forward.  No one organization will own this event; this will be a community-driven effort and partner organizations are welcome.

Please do sign up and let's see what's possible: http://local-opengov.eventbrite.com/

Lucas Cioffi