Floyd Westerman

Sheryll Ryan

Dec 15, 2007, 12:41:49 PM12/15/07
to ocbtracker-po...@googlegroups.com
Attention:

I just heard from my cousin that Floyd Westerman passed away on Thursday.  It is mmy understanding that he will be put to rest back in South Dakota.  I'm just wondering if there will be a service for him locally.  If I hear of anything, I'll update you.  He will be greatly missed by so mony.  Thank you for any information that you can share.

All my relations,

Sheryll Ryan
Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux

Danielle Glenn-Rivera

Dec 16, 2007, 11:48:56 AM12/16/07
to sundan...@yahoo.com, OCBTracker Powwow Calendar
FYI

This is the information I received regarding services for Floyd.  Sorry I just opened computer  & read your message  today. I didn't have the address for OCB Trackers at work  when I sent this out.

Danielle
--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:52:19 -0800
To: ucla.am.in...@ucla.edu
From: dyo...@ucla.edu
Subject: Westerman services

From: "A. Gay Kingman" Kingma...@rushmore.com

Dear Tribal Leader,
Updated information:
The Westerman Family has sent the following notice:
The number at the Chilson Funeral Home is 320-485-4447.  Flowers can be sent to Sisseton Flower Shop.  Donations can be made out to Eyapaha Institute, Floyd's foundation, through which we hope to continue his work on the American Indian Holocaust story.      http://www.eyapaha.net/

Services for Floyd Westerman will be in Sisseton at the Tiospa Zina Tribal School Gym.
Wake will be Saturday and Sunday, December 15,16, 2007.
Funeral will be on Monday, December 17, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Gwen
On behalf of the faculty, students and staff of the UCLA American Indian Studies Center, I extend to the family of Floyd Westerman our condolences and sympathy on the sad occasion of his passing on.  We are grateful to Floyd for his artistry, his music, his performances in movies and television, and we honor him in our thoughts for his having been such a wonderful role model for so many young Native Americans.  Every year in May, there Floyd would be, front and center at the UCLA student powwow, honoring our culture, our traditions, and our sense of pride and community.   In  his life and  in his artistic career, Floyd Westerman earned honor, respect,  understanding and support  from many, many non-Indian people  around the world for Native people and their quest for equality, self-determination and sovereignty.

Aho, thank you, to a unique and very special human being.  We will carry our memories of Floyd and our gratitude for all his gifts to us in our hearts.
Very respectfully,

Hanay Geiogamah
Interim Director
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall  Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
(310) 825-7315  Fax (310) 206-7060

Subject: Fwd: Floyd Westerman
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:14:05 -0500
From: Linda Gonzales taq...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2007, 2:41:14 PM12/16/07
to danielle...@msn.com, sundan...@yahoo.com, OCBTracker Powwow Calendar
Dear Friends
I am so sorry to hear the news of Floyd Red Crow Westerman.
Please share any news of celebrating his life here in Southern California.
I loved the words of wisdom he would share with me.  He will be greatly missed.
Thank you,
April Wind

May the Great Spirit Always Guide Your Trail April Wind Wright

From: danielle...@msn.com
To: sundan...@yahoo.com
CC: ocbtracker-po...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [OCBTracker] Services for Floyd Westerman