TONIGHT: February NWCPP Meeting

ll...@cyberdata-robotics.com

Feb 20, 2019, 11:45:04 AM2/20/19
to nwcppa...@googlegroups.com

Folks,

Please welcome Brett Searles as our presenter this month!

We do not have a pizza sponsor this month so please plan accordingly.

Time and Location

February 20rd, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Room 1083, Building 30, Map to building 30,
Microsoft Campus,
156th Ave NE,
Redmond, WA 98052.

Title

Looking under the Hood to Optimize C++ Code

Abstract

Many times when learning how to write software, engineers are taught data structures, algorithms and how to write in a specific language. As they progress through their career, they learn how to make to code more performant through tips and language changes. However, they learn little about how the application interacts with the platform the application needs to perform. This presentation will try to go further into the environment that the application needs to run and gives ideas that any engineer can explore further to get the ultimate performance improvements in their written code.

Speaker Bio

Brett Searles is the Principal Architect and Developer for Attobotics and is working on a universal compiler for embedded systems. He has also been working on a chip design and programming language for that chipset for a Virtual Surgical Center for the past 20 years. Brett is currently the Vice President of the NWCPP and the volunteer chair for CppCon.

Lloyd Moore

Mar 2, 2019, 7:15:47 PM3/2/19
to NWCPP Announce
Hi Folks,

Here is the video for the February meeting:

Resources

Video

Thanks,

Lloyd

--

---

Lloyd Moore

Mar 3, 2019, 11:31:12 AM3/3/19
to NWCPP Announce

Please welcome Sean Parent as our speaker this month! We do not have a pizza sponsor for this meeting yet, if you happen to know of someone please e-mail me at ll...@cyberdata-robotics.com and I'll coordinate.

Also please note this meeting starts 30 minutes LATER than normal as we had a room conflict to resolve this month.

Time and Location

March 20rd, 2019 at 7:30 PM
Room 1083, Building 30, Map to building 30,
Microsoft Campus,
156th Ave NE,
Redmond, WA 98052.

Title

Bringing Photoshop to the iPad

Abstract

A "behind the scenes" look at the challenges to bring one of Adobe's premier products to mobile devices and the role that C++ developments have played in overcoming them.

Speaker Bio

Sean Parent is a senior principal scientist and software architect for Adobe’s mobile digital imaging group and Photoshop. Sean has been at Adobe since 1993 when he joined as a senior engineer working on Photoshop and later managed Adobe’s Software Technology Lab. In 2009 Sean spent a year at Google working on Chrome OS before returning to Adobe. From 1988 through 1993 Sean worked at Apple, where he was part of the system software team that developed the technologies allowing Apple’s successful transition to PowerPC.

Lloyd Moore

Mar 9, 2019, 1:17:45 PM3/9/19
to NWCPP Announce

Lloyd Moore

Mar 17, 2019, 11:02:34 AM3/17/19
to NWCPP Announce
Bringing Photoshop to the iPad

Please welcome Sean Parent as our speaker this month! We do not have a pizza sponsor for this meeting so please plan accordingly.