October NWCPP Meeting Announcement

1 view

Lloyd Moore

Sep 22, 2019, 10:37:22 AM9/22/19
to NWCPP Announce

D at 20 : Hits and Misses

Please welcome Walter Bright as our speaker this month! Also please thank Zensa for sponsoring our meeting this month!

Time and Location

Oct 16st, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Room 1083, Building 30,  Map to building 30,
Microsoft Campus,
156th Ave  NE,
Redmond,  WA 98052.

Abstract

Work began on the D programming language 20 years ago. A huge part of
language design is looking at the past for what worked and what
didn't, and divining future trajectories so the language can be where
the ball lands. D has its share of strikes and home runs. I'll
be talking about a few of each, and lessons learned the hard way.
I'll pontificate a bit about where programming languages and D are
headed.

Speaker Bio

Work began on the D programming language 20 years ago. A huge part of language design is looking at the past for what worked and what didn’t, and divining future trajectories so the language can be where the ball lands. D has its share of strikes and home runs. I’ll be talking about a few of each, and lessons learned the hard way. I’ll pontificate a bit about where programming languages and D are headed.

A Word From Our Sponsor

Coming Soon!

Digital Media Links

· Sign up for our Announcements mailing list. If you want to be more heavily involved, please sign up for our Volunteers list

· Check out our web page at http://www.nwcpp.org/
· Follow @nwcpp on Twitter.
· Join our Facebook group.
· Follow our Google+ page.
· Follow our YouTube channel.
· Follow our Vimeo channel.

-

Lloyd Moore

Sep 28, 2019, 11:11:29 AM9/28/19
[...]

Zensa a mobile transformation company enabling business productivity for mid-size enterprises (250-10,000 employees). We develop line of business apps to support key business processes in order to enhance productivity, business to employee (B2E) engagement, revenue, etc., across mobile platforms. We are Microsoft and Amazon Certified partner and work closely with facebook as well. We are always on the look out for smart software engineers to join our team.

Lloyd Moore

Oct 1, 2019, 8:31:28 PM10/1/19
to NWCPP Announce

D at 20 : Hits and Misses

Please welcome Walter Bright as our speaker this month! Also please thank Zensa for sponsoring our meeting this month!

Time and Location

Oct 16th, 2019 at 7:30 PM - Please note this meeting is 1/2 hour later than our normal time

Lloyd Moore

Oct 6, 2019, 11:57:12 AM10/6/19
[...]

Walter Bright is the creator and first implementer of the D programming language and has implemented compilers for several other languages. He’s an expert in all areas of compiler technology, including front ends, optimizers, code generation, interpreter engines and runtime libraries. Walter regularly writes articles about compilers and programming, is known for engaging and informative presentations, and provides training in compiler development techniques. Many are surprised to discover that Walter is also the creator of the wargame Empire, which is still popular today over 30 years after its debut.

A Word From Our Sponsor

Zensa a mobile transformation company enabling business productivity for mid-size enterprises (250-10,000 employees). We develop line of business apps to support key business processes in order to enhance productivity, business to employee (B2E) engagement, revenue, etc., across mobile platforms. We are Microsoft and Amazon Certified partner and work closely with facebook as well. We are always on the look out for smart software engineers to join our team.

Lloyd Moore

Oct 13, 2019, 11:56:32 AM10/13/19
to NWCPP Announce

Lloyd Moore

Oct 16, 2019, 9:59:21 AM10/16/19
to NWCPP Announce

Lloyd Moore

Oct 18, 2019, 9:39:18 AM10/18/19
to NWCPP Announce

Folks,

Here are the slides and video from the meeting this week:

Resources

Video | Slides

--

---