Online: Dance workshops with Helene Eriksen & Anar Dana (starts March 12-13, 2022)

Dina Trageser

Mar 10, 2022, 9:18:56 PM3/10/22
to Northwest Balkan Events
ONLINE ANAR DANA training project 2022/23
with Helene Eriksen
Unit 1 ONLINE
March 12-13 & 19-20, 2022
Join us from anywhere in the world as we learn the basics for 7 dance styles... with no obligation to join the full project.

Hi friends,
ANAR DANA Seattle is about to begin its 13th season! At our project intro weekend we chose a new repertoire for this year's project that I'm really excited about. (I'm always excited about our new repertoire, did you notice?)  We are open for all levels of dancers and I have challenges for both the beginner as well as the professional dancer!  Unit 1 will be virtual and spread over two weekends. (So that we don't get Zoom-Burnout.)  In our first weekend we start with the basic building blocks of the dance styles in the repertoire.  It's a great way for people from all over the world to get acquainted with these dance styles even if they are too far away to join ANAR DANA Seattle.  The in person sessions will begin in June and we have dancers who come from far away (Canada, Texas, California, even the East Coast).  We are glad to host you if you are coming from out of town! If you would love to join us but feel you can't afford it, please contact me to ask about work study opportunities.  I would like to make this opportunity accessible to everybody! You can come to weekend one with no obligation and see if ANAR DANA is right for you.

Here is our repertoire for the coming year complete with Youtube links so that you can see what they look like:

Nailiyat dance from Algeria (ignore the music!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ8PJd_G5ZA

Baladi, urban folkdance, Egypt (Video:Fifi Abdou)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjr0c5NSFbw

Bosnian songs and dances from the 3 ethnicities of Jajce and Travnik (Video: Croatian Catholics)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHR9fx4Wil4

Henna Celebration from Elazığ, Turkey (Video: Çayda Çıra)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXOmNr_J4nY

"Uzundara" from Armenia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYOcJvSeMo

Bandari from the Persian Gulf, Iran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13x-ssvIMBo

Logari stop dance from Afghanistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OK8Fa3cwo8

There are still places available for the group...so if you couldn't make it to the intro weekend but would like to join the project, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Here is a video from the past about ANAR DANA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojxghZ7aBc

To hear former ANAR DANA dancers talk about their experiences go to these links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCY2GNtbdS0
https://vimeo.com/127899742

Like ANAR DANA Seattle's Facebook Page.

Find us on Instagram @helene_eriksen_anardana

Training weekend dates Seattle:
Unit 1) VIRTUAL 12-13 & 19-20 March, 2022
2) 18-19 June, 2022
3) 30-31 July, 2022
4) 12-13 November, 2022
5) 19-20 November, 2022
And 5 Units in 2022 to be announced
Dress rehearsal: TBA
Recitals: TBA and possibly performances as NW Folklife, the Seattle Iranian Festival,Turkfest and the Kent International Festival etc.

The project is a series of 10 intensive weekends of 12 hours each and 7 Cultural Talks. The repertoire of 7 dances was decided upon in the introductory weekend. We will learn the techniques of each of the dance styles decided upon, do dance technique training and yoga, learn about the cultural and historical backgrounds for the different dance styles, learn about choreography, staging, stage make-up and costumes. There is a certificate of participation for all who complete the program.

If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact me!
Best regards,
Helene
www.helene-eriksen.de
ma...@helene-eriksen.de