Rasmussen says it's a go?

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Support the Nickerson St. Road Diet

unread,
Jun 9, 2010, 12:09:41 AM6/9/10
to nickerson...@googlegroups.com
I had to leave before the end of the meeting today. Can anyone give more details than this does?

c

SUPPORT INCREASED SAFETY FOR ALL
SUPPORT THE NICKERSON ROAD DIET

Join the Google Group.
Join the Facebook Group
Follow us on Twitter
email us at Nickerso...@gmail.com 

hught78

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 11:56:03 AM6/10/10
to Supporters of the Nickerson St. Road Diet
Yeah, this is the only article I can find that says the plan is moving
forward. Can anyone confirm this?

Hugh

On Jun 8, 9:09 pm, "Support the Nickerson St. Road Diet"
<NickersonRoadD...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had to leave before the end of the meeting today. Can anyone give more
> details than this does?http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html
>
> c
>
> SUPPORT INCREASED SAFETY FOR ALL
> SUPPORT THE NICKERSON ROAD DIET
>
> Join the Google Group <http://groups.google.com/group/Nickerson-road-diet>.
> Join the Facebook Group
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-the-Nickerson-St-Road-Diet/1232...>Follow
> us on Twitter
>  <http://twitter.com/NickersonRdDiet>email us at NickersonRoadD...@gmail.com

BikeIntelligencer

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 12:03:49 PM6/10/10
to nickerson...@googlegroups.com, hught78
Good point Hugh...same from this end. Josh Cohen covered it for Publicola but hasn't posted that the plan is a "go." OTOH The Times is pretty careful and one would think Rasmussen would have asked for a correction if info was wrong.

Let's ping Rasmussen and see if we can get confirmation.

Charles Redell

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 12:08:32 PM6/10/10
to nickerson...@googlegroups.com
See my last email. He called me last night and though he talked too fast and was obviously moving through a list of calls so I couldn't ask him directly, it does seem that it is a go.
I will put in a call right now though.

c
BILogoEmailSig.jpg

Charles Redell

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 12:14:09 PM6/10/10
to nickerson...@googlegroups.com
Just spoke with Rasmussen's office which is saying that Tom was never going to stop this project unless major concern was voiced by the council as a whole.

In other words, we're a go! (unless there is the dreaded lawsuit.... keep your ears open about that.)

c
BILogoEmailSig.jpg

hught78

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 12:54:01 PM6/10/10
to Supporters of the Nickerson St. Road Diet
Awesome! Thanks for following up on this Charles! Will keep my eyes
and ears open for any further opposition.

Hugh

On Jun 10, 9:14 am, Charles Redell <char...@charlesredell.com> wrote:
> Just spoke with Rasmussen's office which is saying that Tom was never going
> to stop this project unless major concern was voiced by the council as a
> whole.
>
> In other words, we're a go! (unless there is the dreaded lawsuit.... keep
> your ears open about that.)
>
> c
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Charles Redell
> <char...@charlesredell.com>wrote:
>
> > See my last email. He called me last night and though he talked too fast
> > and was obviously moving through a list of calls so I couldn't ask him
> > directly, it does seem that it is a go.
> > I will put in a call right now though.
>
> > c
>
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM, BikeIntelligencer <
> > bikeintelligen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Good point Hugh...same from this end. Josh Cohen covered it for Publicola
> >> but hasn't posted that the plan is a "go." OTOH The Times is pretty careful
> >> and one would think Rasmussen would have asked for a correction if info was
> >> wrong.
>
> >> Let's ping Rasmussen and see if we can get confirmation.
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Paul
>
> >> *Cycling:*http://bikeintelligencer.com
> >> *Personal*:http://paulandrews.com
> >> *Twitter: *http://twitter.com/bikeintel
>
> >> On Jun 10, 2010, at 8:56 AM, hught78 wrote:
>
> >> Yeah, this is the only article I can find that says the plan is moving
> >> forward. Can anyone confirm this?
>
> >> Hugh
>
> >> On Jun 8, 9:09 pm, "Support the Nickerson St. Road Diet"
> >> <NickersonRoadD...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I had to leave before the end of the meeting today. Can anyone give more
>
> >> details than this does?
> >>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html
>
> >> c
>
> >> SUPPORT INCREASED SAFETY FOR ALL
>
> >> SUPPORT THE NICKERSON ROAD DIET
>
> >> Join the Google Group <http://groups.google.com/group/Nickerson-road-diet
> >> >.
>
> >> Join the Facebook Group
>
> >> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-the-Nickerson-St-Road-Diet/1232...
> >> >Follow
>
> >> us on Twitter
>
> >>  <http://twitter.com/NickersonRdDiet>email us at
> >> NickersonRoadD...@gmail.com
>
>
>
>  BILogoEmailSig.jpg
> 5KViewDownload

BikeIntelligencer

unread,
Jun 10, 2010, 2:18:02 PM6/10/10
to nickerson...@googlegroups.com
As a point of clarification, though, that's not what he initially told folks including The Times... still, it's great to have things rolling ahead!
On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Charles Redell wrote:

Just spoke with Rasmussen's office which is saying that Tom was never going to stop this project unless major concern was voiced by the council as a whole.

In other words, we're a go! (unless there is the dreaded lawsuit.... keep your ears open about that.)

c

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Charles Redell <cha...@charlesredell.com> wrote:
See my last email. He called me last night and though he talked too fast and was obviously moving through a list of calls so I couldn't ask him directly, it does seem that it is a go.
I will put in a call right now though.

c


On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM, BikeIntelligencer <bikeinte...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good point Hugh...same from this end. Josh Cohen covered it for Publicola but hasn't posted that the plan is a "go." OTOH The Times is pretty careful and one would think Rasmussen would have asked for a correction if info was wrong.

Let's ping Rasmussen and see if we can get confirmation.
<BILogoEmailSig.jpg>
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages