New Code Games for self

Psych Knight

Jan 1, 2005, 12:39:04 PM1/1/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
The alphabet game seems to be a game that has to be played by at least
two people. Are there New Code games out there that can be played by
just one person? Sort of like solitaire? Descriptions would be
appreciated. Thanks and have a very happy and prosperous New Year!

rjlhughes

Jan 1, 2005, 5:32:28 PM1/1/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
The Alphabet Game is essentially a solo activity, but it can be used
by a trainer as a way of eliciting a resourceful state in someone.

Bob

My borrowed thought for 2005: "Life is not measured by the number of
breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Message has been deleted

Greg Alexander

Jan 3, 2005, 5:52:38 AM1/3/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
Many new code games have a 'coach' to calibrate your physiology and
actions when playing the game. In the alphabet game the coach watches
the way you're standing, the way your body moves (arms, legs, etc), and
also checks that you are doing the correct R L T movements. The coach
can make sure you maintain your physiology and suggest improvements.
The point of the new code game is to gain a high performance state, so
this is an important part of gaining that state.

There are a few new code games which can be done alone. A prerequisite
for an effective new code game is that when you go out of state,
something will make it obvious to you (you won't keep playing without
realising!). Games involving juggling or balance can do that when you
are alone - you don't need a coach to tell you you dropped a ball or
fell off a plank (safely of course).

I've done a few - one involved a kind of dance around a square, and if
the square's edge had been raised a couple of inches above the ground
it would be effective when alone as you'd fall off the square.

I'm not sure about links to sites describing some good solitary new
code games - maybe someone else knows?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Chris

Feb 8, 2005, 10:20:19 PM2/8/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
>The Alphabet Game is essentially a solo activity, but it can be used

>by a trainer as a way of eliciting a resourceful state in someone.

>Bob

Hi Bob,

John Grinder states that it is essential in the Alphabet Game to have a
coach. See Whispering in the Wind by Carmen Bostic St Clair and John
Grinder. This avoides self reflective thinking that occurs when
attempting self coaching. Keep in mind that many high performance
states (the accessing of which is one of the functions of new code
games) often feature a marked reduction if not absence of internal
dialogue, decrease of foveal vision and an increase in perhiperal
vision. Certainly in high performance states there is no self
reflection.

Regards Chris

Message has been deleted

rjlhughes

Feb 9, 2005, 6:08:06 AM2/9/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
I stand corrected.

Bob

rjlhughes

Feb 10, 2005, 4:42:51 AM2/10/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
oh and then of course I say A and raise my right arm.....is that OK
Chris?
And then I say B and and raise my left arm, and then I say C and raise
both legs, <crash> ooops.

so that's why you need a coach.....

but really feel a lot better now.

BAM

Mar 23, 2005, 10:15:19 AM3/23/05
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com

Following from Chris's statement, and with a view to having a
game/activity that can bring about a high performance state you may
wish to consider what activities can bring about the following:

- removal of internal dialogue
- decrease of foveal vision and increase in peripheral vision
- some form of feedback that relates the above.

So let's look at the above:

What activities bring about a removal of internal dialogue. I am
guessing here but something that brings on a know nothing state, or a
state dominated by unconscious activity with a external physical
movement. Many sporting activities do this. Many sportspeople remark
on how they get into a "zone" and the like...

Decrease in foveal vision and increase in peripheral vision. Perhaps
some activity that increases concentration around a larger visual field
that requires the participant to keep their eyes locked forward but has
a requirement for trackigng movement in the peripheral visual field.

Some feedback mechanism that eith ends the game when the above two are
not being satisfied.

Something such as juggling, where concentration is required, using hand
eye coordination and also a feedback mechanism of failure if the
conditions of the game are not met.

Thoughts anyone?