Fit In and Stand Out in a Social Network

1 view

Umar Reyi

Apr 1, 2006, 1:41:53 AM4/1/06
to New Code NLP
I am trying to figure out why I feel that I get "bypassed" when I am in

a conversation with a group of people. The other person's eye contact
seems to skip me either accidentally or deliberately (not completely
sure). Consequently, I am in the "I am not ok, you're ok" position,
which is clearly not a winning position. To provide more context, I am
working with this group of people in the same company. I am trying to
fit in and sometimes stand out so that I can be plugged into the social

network.

Thanks for sharing any insights and suggesting other related reading
resources.