I Am Encouraged

rke...@earthlink.net

Dec 25, 2004, 11:14:13 AM12/25/04
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
I just read the article on nlp.com.au about new code. After having
studied NLP and Erickson for quite a long time, then watching the
development of NLP trainers I came away with a grave concern. That
concern was precisely echoed in the article in as much as it mirrored
my uneasiness with the teaching of tricks and gimics in the name of
NLP. NLP as I experienced it was a foundation for understanding.
Quick fixes without careful consideration of congruency was of great
concern.

I have been posting on the alt.psychology.nlp site and talking sort of
sideways about something I have been doing for some time that pointed
in a different direction that I saw the popular form of NLP going.
Frankly, I was suprised that when I talked about paying attention to
internal motivations, no one seemed to get it, except Greg (the reason
I am here).

I went back and had a new look at Patterns, Structures, Trutles,
Applications, and some others to be sure I hadn't missed or distorted
something. I hadn't. What I had been talkig about was exactly what I
found there so, the brought up a more serious concern.

Most of the posters on the NLP site, including trainers, seemed to have
no idea what I was talking about. If the outcome of the way NLP is
being taught is that practioners seem to have no idea about the very
basics of what they are teaching, something is indeed terribly wrong.

I picked up Trutles again today and it seems as difficult to get
through as I remembered, but this time I will try it with a different
perspective. And I will be looking forward to some good feedback.

Greg, thanks for starting this site.

Randy

Ohhhh bummer. F7 did not spell check. Does anyone know how to
initiate it in google?

Haavard Karlsen

Dec 25, 2004, 1:43:29 PM12/25/04
to NewCo...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for your invitation, Greg.

Now, just a few words about myself:
Name. Haavard Karlsen. Live in Oslo with a couple of kids and my wife
Anne.
Education. Precision mechanics and electronics engineering. Professional
career. Technician, camera-repairman, environmentalist, technical
consultant & translator. Presently working with drug addicts (detox,
motivational work, rehab), which provides plenty of opportunities for
smalltalk-NLP practice.

My interest in NLP started some 6-7 years ago after reading "The
pragmatics of human communication" and "Change" by Watzlawick et. al.
This inspired me to dig even deeper, so I began reading a lot of books
about NLP, hypnosis, systems theory etc.
After a few years I took a practitioner-training. And although I had some
theoretical understanding of NLP prior to my training, I believe the prac-
training was a good investment. Putting it all together, practicing and
integrating it, made a big difference.

Now I wish to learn more, to explore deeper and broader, engage in good
discussions, to be inspired, and hopefully to inspire ...

I look forward to hear from you all

Haavard