play H.264 movies via HDMI on OSD 2.0

山内 洋典

Mar 2, 2009, 12:21:33 AM3/2/09
to Neuros
Hi all,

I'm trying to develop system on OSD 2.0.
I have some questions.

1.
I've build vlc player and try to play my H.264 movies,
but I can't play correctly most of my movies.

http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Development_Resource
> You can experiment with various formats, the ones that should be supported
> without issues are mpeg4 and mpeg2, and h.264 should be coming up too.
When update program and support H.264?

I encode my movies by ffmpeg (Video x264, Audio Neruo-AAC),
is this wrong way?

2.
I connect OSD 2.0 with television by HDMI,
and play MPEG.4(not H.264) movie.

# fbhelper.sh plane vid0
# fbhelper.sh mode 1080i
# run-vlc.sh my.mpg

I run vlc, and start to display debug log to terminal,
but image doesn't display at HDMI televition.

ntsc : OK, play correctly to composite output.
480p : NG, black out.
720p : NG, black out.
1080i: NG, noise display to screen.

How can I play movies via to HDMI?
Is there any problme? When fix it?

3.
I hope that "neuros kernel changes(Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:30:21)"
works well these problem.
How can I apply to my development environment these changes?

If I want to update my OSD 2.0 kernel and other programs,
call "./build-tools/scripts/git-helper.sh pull",
should i make again?

Sincerely,
Yousuke Yamanouchi <yamanouch...@nttd-mse.com>
NTT DATA MSE CORPORATION
600 Saedo, Tsuduki, Yokohama, Kanagawa
224-8539,JAPAN
+81-045-938-3000

jpsaman

Mar 2, 2009, 3:25:30 AM3/2/09
to Neuros
On Mar 2, 6:21 am, 山内 洋典 <yamanouchi.yous...@nttd-mse.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to develop system on OSD 2.0.
> I have some questions.
>
> 1.
> I've build vlc player and try to play my H.264 movies,
> but I can't play correctly most of my movies.
>
> http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Development_Resource> You can experiment with various formats, the ones that should be supported
> > without issues are mpeg4 and mpeg2, and h.264 should be coming up too.
>
> When update program and support H.264?

AFAIK currently the software stack is waiting for the h264 codecs from
TI.

> I encode my movies by ffmpeg (Video x264, Audio Neruo-AAC),
> is this wrong way?

Sounds ok

> 2.
> I connect OSD 2.0 with television by HDMI,
> and play MPEG.4(not H.264) movie.
>
> # fbhelper.sh plane vid0
> # fbhelper.sh mode 1080i
> # run-vlc.sh my.mpg
>
> I run vlc, and start to display debug log to terminal,
> but image doesn't display at HDMI televition.
>
> ntsc : OK, play correctly to composite output.
> 480p : NG, black out.
> 720p : NG, black out.
> 1080i: NG, noise display to screen.
>
> How can I play movies via to HDMI?

I am not sure HDMI is properly working. Did you try Component or
Composite?

> Is there any problme? When fix it?

Playback of HD h264 movies is currently not supported by the OSD 2.0
software stack. For one we are waiting for the HD codecs from TI and
only then we can start to optimize VLC.

Currently only SD upto PAL/NTSC resultions are supported. Upscaling
PAL to 720p results in lipsync issues.

Fernando Cassia

Feb 14, 2011, 4:10:42 PM2/14/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/2 jpsaman <jps...@gmail.com>:

> Playback of HD h264 movies is currently not supported by the OSD 2.0
> software stack. For one we are waiting for the HD codecs from TI and
> only then we can start to optimize VLC.

Any news on this?.

FC

Vladimir Pantelic

Feb 14, 2011, 5:30:19 PM2/14/11
to neu...@googlegroups.com

the only HD that the DM644x could possibly play would be MPEG4 and
maybe some H264 Base profile. We never got a 3rd party MPEG4 720p
decoder to work properly and gave up on HD on the DM644x...

but maybe TI has better results by now...