Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Bipin Gautam

Jun 23, 2019, 11:39:08 AM6/23/19
to Nepali computer security and hacking community
Subject: IS: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time
to switch.

Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000
tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why
Firefox is better.
EXCERPT:

You open your browser to look at the web. Do you know who is
looking back at you?

Over a recent week of web surfing, I peered under the hood of
Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends.
Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to
let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the web.

This was made possible by the web’s biggest snoop of all: Google.
Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance
software...

[...]
https://www.siliconvalley.com/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-to-switch/