UPE Award for the Month of August

nelliemuller

Aug 12, 2009, 8:24:25 AM8/12/09
to Nellie's English Projects
Dear Friends,
I have the honor of announcing this month's UPE award winner. August
UPE award goes to Ben Stewart: http://wikieducator.org/User:Bnleez, a
very active member of our community. Ben is an EFL teacher educator
and foreign language coordinator at a Mexican university who has been
actively involved in learning and teaching on WikiEducator.

Congratulations, Ben!!!

NELLIE DEUTSCH

Aug 12, 2009, 9:57:37 AM8/12/09
to Nellies-Engl...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Luiz. I would like to remind everyone that the User Page Expo ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event recognising those WikiEducator user pages that are particularly informative, innovative, visually appealing, or otherwise just plain clever.

UPE isn't an official thing, it's just a small group of WikiEducators who got it in their heads to increase public appreciation for well done user pages. This ad hoc conspiracy was started by Minhaaj ur Rehman and Steve Foerster, and is now being maintained by Nellie Deutsch, Patricia Schlicht and Peter Rawsthorne.

If you think that someone's user page is worthy of recognition by your fellow WikiEducators (even if it's your own!) the nomination process is simple -- just let Nellie, Patricia or Peter know. Unless we think you're dead wrong, we'll solemnly convene the award committee and announce that a new award has been made!

Warm wishes,
Nellie Deutsch
http://www.nelliemuller.com
Doctoral Student