read mails from imap.gmail.com

dvasilakis

Jul 27, 2009, 5:50:46 AM7/27/09
to Nektra OEAPI Support
First i want to thank you for the answers to my previous threads.

I have created a new account in Gmail through imap.
So Outlook Express created new folders for this account.
So i have Local Folders and imap.gmail.com with different inbox,
outbox, etc folders
In Outlook API this is a different store(.pst)

Can i read imap inbox folder and generally an inbox folder from a
different store with your API??

If yes how can i do that??

Nektra OEAPI Support

Jul 28, 2009, 9:52:31 AM7/28/09
to Nektra...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

As stated on the product's features page, OEAPI does not support IMAP folders.
We have made research about this in the past, it is an extremely complex task to support this protocol  and there was never enough demand to finance the research and development required to support it.

Thank you for contacting Nektra's OEAPI Support.

Regards,

Federico
--
Nektra Advanced Computing
http://www.nektra.com

dvasil...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2009, 10:22:13 AM7/28/09
to Nektra...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the answer .

As i noticed the folders has for id a small number ,starting from 0 and increase one at a time.
So i run the below code in VB .NET

for i as integer = 0 to 100
 Folder = FolderManager.GetFolder(i)
 if folder.isinbox then
   'get messages
end next

Because the number of my folders are small the biggest id is 15
the above code will bring me and the inbox of imap.gmail which has id = 11

Could you tell me if the id  of the folders  always starts from 0 and increase one at a time??

___________________
Sent via CitronGO!
Your communication, friends and files are now unified.
Any time, any place, any device. Get it now at http://www.citrongo.com

Jul 30, 2009, 4:58:26 PM7/30/09
to Nektra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't understand you correctly. Just in case, I repeat that OEAPI does not support handling IMAP folders.
Default folder Id numbers range from 4 to 8 on OE and from 3 to 7 on WM. Subsequent created folders have the biggest preexistent Id + 1.
To get the Inbox folder you can use the OEFolderManager::GetInboxFolder method directly.
If you still have questions, let us know.

Regards,

Federico