OESTORE.DLL hangs when trying to unregister

Chris Shearer Cooper

Mar 15, 2010, 1:46:26 PM3/15/10
to Nektra OEAPI Support
I'm not exactly sure what version of OEAPI we have (the help says
3.1.2, OESTORE.DLL is dated Nov. 2, 2009) that has been working fine,
but now I'm getting complaints that my program's uninstaller is
hanging when it tries to unregister OESTORE.DLL.

I don't get any error message, just a hang.

All that's happening is that the uninstaller (created by an NSIS
installer) is loading the DLL and calling its DllUnregisterServer
entry point.

It does eventually work, and works on most machines, which tells me
the installer is doing the right thing, and somehow OESTORE is just
freaking out.

I am only using oeapiinitcom.dll and oestore.dll, I unregister
oeapiinitcom.dll first and that always works, and then when it's
oestore.dll I got troubles.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Chris

Nektra OEAPI Support

Mar 17, 2010, 9:53:10 AM3/17/10
to nektra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

If this issue cannot be reproduced it is really difficult to find a cause.
It could be the uninstall steps order, but it wouldn't work on most cases.
You could try reversing the order in which you unregister.
This is not a known issue as we have no records of a similar report.

Thank you for contacting Nektra's OEAPI Support.

Regards,

Scott

--
Nektra Advanced Computing