USING OEAPI IN AN MS ACCESS VBA APPLICATION

1 view

NUCCIO

Mar 31, 2010, 7:10:43 AM3/31/10
to Nektra OEAPI Support
Hello,
first of all i'd like to apologize if I submitted the same message too
many times due to the fact that I am not familiar with this group's
procedures.
I just downloaded the evaluation version of OEAPI Enterprise Edition.
I intend to use OEAPI in an MS Access 2003 Application that I
developed. The application runs on a Windows 2003 Server. Users login
to the application through Windows Remote desktop and can belong to 5
different companies that share the same server. The 5 companies also
share the same customer/vendor database. Also users can be members of
more than one company. Besides managing different archives and using
different functions, a user can login as a member of one of the 5
companies, open a form, select a customer or vendor and generate and
send an email message by clicking a button.
The code associated with the button is the following:

"
Sub SENDMail(stAddress As String)
Dim stMailTo As String
On Error GoTo Email_ERR
If Len(stAddress) = 0 Then
If FumDom("Missing e_Mail address, do you want to input it
now?", , , "EMAIL ADDRESS!!") = MsgResCancel Then Exit Sub
stAddress = InputBox("INPUT EMAIL ADDRESS")
If Len(stAddress) = 0 Then Exit Sub
End If
stMailTo = "Mailto:" & stAddress
Call ShellExecute(0, "open", stMailTo, vbNullString, vbNullString,
1)
EMAIL_Out:
Exit Sub
Email_ERR:
fumERR 0, "SEND MAIL", Err.Number, Err.Description
Resume EMAIL_Out
End Sub
"
This Sub executes the default mail client (Outlook Express) and
generates and displays an empty message using the Users's default mail
account and the related signature. The signature contains the
Company’s Logo, the user’s name aand coordinates (Phone, Cell Phone,
email address, etc). The user writes the message body, attaches files
and hits the send button.
There are other functions that allow a user to generate a pdf document
from an Access Report and automatically attach it to an email message.
For this I use PDF995 software. In this case also the mail message is
sent using the user's default Outlook Express account.
This means that each user must chose one among 5 different usernames
when he logs in to the application, each user name being associated to
a different company and the related email address.
Since there are about 30 users of the application, this means that the
system supervisor must manage 150 different users names.
In order to avoid this complication I'm looking for a way of changing
the user's default outlook Express account (and therefore the sender
address, signature, etc.) programmatically. In other words I would
like to be able to set both the "From" address and the "Mailto"
address when generating the message.
My question therefore is: can I solve this problem with OEAPI?