Selling Pixels

dizdaz89

Sep 25, 2005, 1:03:00 AM9/25/05
to Negativ...@googlegroups.com
Alex's plan is simple; sell one million pixels at one dollar a piece. The pixels come in packages of 100 thus making the minimum purchase 100 USD. Technically he is selling ad space, but a pixel salesman just sounds better. His site has a million pixel grid divided into 10x10 blocks. According to the rules you may buy as many pixels are left, in groups of 100. Then link those 100 or more pixels to your website. Some of the grid is already covered in ads and the rest is still waiting to be filled. Selling pixels isn't easy but Alex sure makes it look effortless. In three weeks he managed to make $37,000 USD, enough to pay for his three years of college. At the time of writing this he has sold 116,800 pixels and for those of you just catching on that's $116,800 USD.

If you ask me it's an ingenious idea. It's a "Why didn't I think of that" idea. It sure looks like it has its opposition. I can't find a valid reason to consider it a scam. As far as I am concerned as long as he keeps up his end of the deal 'selling pixels' isn't a scam.

Visit milliondollarhomepage

silv...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2005, 6:55:51 PM10/1/05
to Negative Logic
I thought that he is too egocentric :)

I just found this one: www.pixelagainst.com
and they used the same idea to help people. Sounds a lot better.

[z]

Harris

Oct 4, 2005, 10:28:44 PM10/4/05
to Negative Logic
So - now he's closing in on $300,000 US -- insanity!

There's tons of new pixel sites out there - its hard to keep track of
them all.

(My friend and I put up http://www.PixelList.com in an attempt to do
just that though.) Right now, we're trying to just review the decent
sites - sometimes we put a crappy one up. There's some pretty neat
ideas out there.

Read our reviews / read our blog / we were just asked to be guest
speakers on a radio show today as pixel experts. Are we looking at the
begining of a new 'Micro-Ad Industry' ???

Who knows ...

Harris - http://www.pixellist.com