Two very effective ways to prevent spam

dizdaz89

Sep 3, 2005, 7:40:04 PM9/3/05
to Negative Logic
No one likes spam; here are two very effective ways to prevent spam.

1- This is probably the best way to prevent spam using Gmail. Any time
a site asks for your email simply add a +something in your address.
Like this D.i.z.d.a....@gmail.com that address will point
directly to my account. If you start receiving spam from one of the
+something addresses simply create a filter to send it to the trash.
Also note that you can add periods in your name were ever you would
like. There isn't a limit on how many +something address so I would
recommend using one per site.

2- This one is for Firefox users, download this extension. Basically it
will create an address that looks like i4sg0qk...@jetable.net.
That address will then forward mail to a specific address. The
@jetable.net address expires after a set time period; 24 hours to 8
days. So if spam does start coming to that address it will be bounced
back to the sender. Once you have downloaded and installed the
extension go to a form right click > Get jetable mail > enter your full
email address. Settings are located under Tools > extensions > double
click get jetable mail.