Fwd: Attention CWers & lovers of the Word - a new Radical Bible commentary for the 21st century is happening! with Wes Howard-Brook

Catholic Worker

Jun 22, 2022, 7:38:38 PM6/22/22
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 11:53 AM
Subject: Attention CWers & lovers of the Word - a new Radical Bible commentary for the 21st century is happening! with Wes Howard-Brook
To: Catholic Worker <catholicw...@gmail.com>

Folks

      Wes Howard-Brook, the guy who rocked my biblical world with his
book “Come Out, My People!” God’s Call out of Empire in the Bible and
Beyond (See my v.p. review below) is doing something new, accessible
and radical with the Bible!!!!

      Wes writes "During the pandemic lockdown" he "decided to turn
these lemons into lemonade by starting a new project: a YouTube
channel called “Radical Bible”.  I was pushed to create short videos
to introduce each class remote session. I found it fun and was
actually pretty good at it! So I’ve taken those fledgling skills and
begun to construct a new form of “Bible commentary” for the 21st
century"  from Radical Discipleship May 2022
https://radicaldiscipleship.net/2022/05/09/the-radical-bible/

       Wes teaches theology and scripture at Seattle University and at
churches and gatherings around the Pacific Northwest and the U.S. He
is the author of many books on scriptures including "Come Out My
People!": God's Call Out of Empire in the Bible & Beyond and Empire
Baptized: How the Church Embraced what Jesus Rejected (second-fifth
Centuries) https://www.amazon.com/Wes-Howard-Brook/e/B001K8HOY6

       Here are the links to the YouTube channel and to the website
that goes with it:
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIEJwHfiN-7OtG4Hko9s3Jg
Website: https://radicalbible.net/

      Enjoy, pass on. I have.

Frank Cordaro Des Moines Catholic Worker
515 490 2490 / frank....@gmail.com

+April 2011 v.p. Book Review: “Come Out, My People!” God’s Call out of
Empire in the Bible and Beyond by Wes Howard p.6
https://frankcordaro.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/april-2011-v-p-book-review-come-out-my-people-gods-call-out-of-empire-in-the-bible-and-beyond-by-wes-howard-p-6/

Attached "Frank in good company" photo by M Wisniewski, LACW
Wes-FC-Runkel - by Wisniewski.JPG