Fwd: Catholic Agitator

Catholic Worker

Jun 2, 2022, 3:08:39 PM6/2/22
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Wisniewski <mike...@riseup.net>
Date: Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 9:01 PM
Subject: Catholic Agitator
To: Catholic Worker List <catholicw...@gmail.com>

The Catholic Agitator is now posted online:

https://www.lacatholicworker.org/wp/2022/06/01/june-2022-catholic-agitator/

In this issue:

  • In Search of Prophets by Matt Harper

  • Independence Day Reflection by Joshua Flaugher

  • Book Review: The Risk Of The Cross by Mike Wisniewski

  • Until We All Get Over The Mountaintop by Matt Harper

  • Neighborhood Prophets by Megan Ramsey

  • The Boxer by Jeff Dietrich

  • On A Mission by Tom Hoffarth

  • Book Review: Detox! by Dave Bellefeuille-Rice

--
"Our problems stem from our acceptance of this filthy rotten system" -- Dorothy Day (Catholic Worker movement co-founder).

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest." -- Elie Wiesel, Nobel Laureate and witness.

"When we take any part in government by voting for legislative, judicial, and executive officials we make these people our arm by which we cast a stone (John 8:7b) and
deny the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5)" -- Ammon Hennacy (Longtime Catholic Worker movement member).

"This is the nation that does not listen to the voice of the Lord, its God, or take correction. Faithfulness has disappeared; the word itself is banished from their speech." Jeremiah 7:28