Fwd: News Release: Oct 7th National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” for 20 yrs of US lead Armed Drone War. 11 a.m. hr. vigil @ St Ambrose Cathedral, DM IA

1 view

Catholic Worker

Oct 4, 2021, 6:48:53 PM10/4/21
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 10:55 AM
Subject: News Release: Oct 7th National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” for 20 yrs of US lead Armed Drone War. 11 a.m. hr. vigil @ St Ambrose Cathedral, DM IA
To: Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com>

What: National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” for 20 yrs of US
lead Armed Drone War.
Where: St Ambrose Cathedral’s front steps @ 8th and High St, DM, IA
When: Thursday, Oct 7th @ 11 a.m.

Contact: DM Catholic Worker & VFP - Frank Cordaro
<frank....@gmail.com> 515 490 2490

   Oct 7th National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” at places of
worship around the nation @ 11am for an end to 20 years of U.S. terror
against the people of Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere. The newly
formed US Ban Killer Drones network urges a ban on weaponized drones
and an end to any “Over the Horizon” airstrikes against Afghanistan
and any other country.

   In a Sept 24, 2021 Ban Killer Drones network News Release,
spokesperson Kathy Kelly from Voices from Creative Nonviolence    said
"we will gather at places of worship at 11am to call for a real end to
the 20 years of U.S. terror against the people of Afghanistan, Iraq
and elsewhere. We urge a ban on weaponized drones and an end to any
“Over the Horizon” airstrikes  against  Afghanistan and any other
country. We will also call on our religious leaders to speak out
clearly for peace, ending what has too often been a tragic, enabling
silence from faith leaders over the 20 years."

   The DMCW & DM VFP welcomes all to join them on the steps of St
Ambrose Cathedral Thursday Oct 7th for an hour vigil starting @ 11 in
solidarity with the national “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” at
places of worship.

   In an earlier email to Bp William Joensen, Diocese of Des Moines
DMCW & DM VFP reps Frank Cordaro and Ed Bloomer wrote "We ask you, we
implore you, to vocally object to existing plans for more drone
warfare. We urge you to call for an end of the Over the Horizon
assassination plan of our United States government. We beg you to call
for the closing of the IA Air Guard Drone Command Center in DM."
See: Oct 4, 2021 Email to Bp Joensen " "We beg you to call for the
closing of the IA Air Guard Drone Command Center in DM." on Oct 7th
with newly formed national Ban Killer Drones network"
https://groups.google.com/g/dmcw-community-list/c/7_1PV02GA00

*US Ban Killer Drones network web page:
 https://bankillerdrones.org/
Contact:  Nick Mottern  nickm...@earthlink.net   914 806 6179
---
In Memoriam Victims of US Drone Strike In Kabul, Afghanistan August 29, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLDLbwoRQBY
24-7 war zone.jpg