Fwd: A letter Susan Crane received in prison

Catholic Worker

Jun 29, 2024, 5:32:10 PMJun 29
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Felice and Jack Cohen-Joppa <nukere...@igc.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 8:45 PM
Subject: A letter Susan Crane received in prison
To: Catholic Worker <catholicw...@gmail.com>

Hi, friends,

Susan Crane received the following letter in prison, which she wanted to share (one of many wonderful letters of support she’s been getting). It was forwarded by Chris Danowski, who mentions that "Friedensglocke means peace bell, one of which is installed on the peace meadow close to the main gate of Büchel Air Force Base in Germany.”

Peace,
Felice and Jack
Coordinators, the Nuclear Resister

P.S. We just finished a new issue of the Nuclear Resister newsletter, with an article about the two Susans on the front page and their statement on page 2. If you would like us to send you a copy in the mail, send your name and postal address to <nukere...@igc.org>.

xxx

Friedensglockengesellschaft Berlin e.V.
Zossener Str. 66
12629 Berlin

Berlin, June 16 20224

Dear Susan,

We learned from Ernst-Ludwig Iskenius of IPPNW that you and Susan van der Hijden are serving 229 and 110 days respectively in Rohrbach Prison because you see this step as a continuation of your active protests in Büchel in the fight for a world free of nuclear weapons. Your step is a very courageous contribution, given the increasing danger of a third world war, which may involve nuclear warfare. It is so important to make it clear to this federal government that it must finally stop nuclear armament and sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons. Through your protest you are helping to ensure that this important demand is not lost sight of.

We like to think back to 2019, when we visited you, dear Susan, at the peace camp in Büchel.

I made a video clip with the many photos, which I posted on our Peace Bell Society Facebook page with the letter from Ernst-Ludwig Iskenius, IPPNW. This is our small, modest contribution to supporting you in your fight and to continually bring the need for nuclear disarmament to the attention of the public. On behalf of the board of our organisation, we wish you, dear Susan Crane, and your fellow campaigner Susan van der Hijden, much strength, and above all health and optimism in this sad situation, and assure you that we stand firmly by your side.

With peace-loving greetings

Anja Mewes
Chairwoman

Historisches: - buechel-atombombenfreis Webseite!