Fwd: Catholic Worker Ciaron O'Reilly sets up Assange Solidarity Camp at entrance to His Majesty's Prison Belmarsh/London

Catholic Worker

Jun 20, 2024, 3:58:53 PMJun 20
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ciaron O'Reilly <belmar...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 9:14 AM
Subject: Catholic Worker Ciaron O'Reilly sets up Assange Solidarity Camp at entrance to His Majesty's Prison Belmarsh/London
To: Catholic Worker <catholicw...@gmail.com>, <frankc...@gmail.com>

Irish/Australian Catholic Worker Ciaron O'Reilly has pitched his tent at the entrance to His Majesty's Prison Belmarsh- re-establishing the Assange Solidarity Camp!

Ciaron stated " Well, I can't say I'm back due to popular demand! The Royal Borough of Grenwhich Labour Party Council have flattened the Assange Solidarity Camp on 4 occasions!

I take dog's abuse from passing English motorists on a daily basis. Some pull up & shout, " This place is a mess!"
I reply, " Not as big a mess as you lot left in Afghanistan,  Iraq & Libya mate! When are y'all going to get around to cleaning that up!"
I painted a sign " Yes, this does look like one of those refugee camps you're government created by bombing the shite out of quite functioning societies!"

As my dear old Irish Da would say to me, "God loves a tryer & hates a chancer (& the jury is still out on you!)"

Over these last 14 years, Julian has become a personal friend. Along with my Godson who was a Para/SAS combat veteran of the Iraq/Irish/Afghanistan wars -we were recruited as Julian's bodyguards in 2012. Julian has suffered 12 years of sensory deprivation encircled by British Special Branch in the Ecuadorian embassy & now held in the isolation unit of the Supermax Belmarsh Prison.  He has been detained for 14 years in England without charge.  In Ireland l, we call that internment!

I have lived for over a year on the streets of London in Solidarity with Julian-outside the Ecuadorian Embassy & Belmarsh.  I have met so many homeless combat veterans discarded like trash on the streets by their government!

Julian faces a worse fate in a U.S. gulag, if extradited. He has won a full appeal at the High Court - because the U.S. government could not guarantee the British judges that he would not face the death penalty or have 1st Amendment Rights when put on trial in the U.S.

As the Wobblies would say, " He's in there for us, We're Out Here for Him!"
Like our co-founder Dorothy Day,  Julian is an anti-war journalist & publisher! J. Edgar Hoover wanted Dorothy Day interned during WW2. They have Julian presently indefinitely interned during these never-ending wars!

Do what you can, with who you can, where you can to earn the release of Julian Assange & non-violently resist these wars!"

Ciaron O'Reilly Ph. +44724194265
20240618_152020.mp4