Fwd: Catholic Agitator

1 view

Catholic Worker

Sep 30, 2021, 6:40:50 PM9/30/21
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Wisniewski <mike...@riseup.net>
Date: Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 3:49 PM
Subject: Catholic Agitator
To: Catholic Worker List <catholicw...@gmail.com>

The October Catholic Agitator is now online.

https://www.lacatholicworker.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/October-2021-Agitator-WEB.pdf

In this issue:

Coming Through The Pandemic by Matt Harper

Book Review: The Last Week: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus’s Final Week  by Mike Wisniewski

Book Review: Let Us Dream: The path To A Better Future by David DeCosse

Doing Right By Jubilee by Matt Harper

Demanding More Of Our Saints by David DeCosse

Poem: Solar Portrait by Alberto Oropeza

Framing The War On Terror by Paul Gross

Emerging From A Chrysalis by Megan Ramsey

Cultivating Community by Maggie Miller

Better Know A Volunteer: Dick Heiser by Jed Poole

--
"Our problems stem from our acceptance of this filthy rotten system" -- Dorothy Day (Catholic Worker movement co-founder).

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest." -- Elie Wiesel, Nobel Laureate and witness.

"When we take any part in government by voting for legislative, judicial, and executive officials we make these people our arm by which we cast a stone (John 8:7b) and deny the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5)"
 -- Ammon Hennacy (Longtime Catholic Worker movement member).

"This is the nation that does not listen to the voice of the Lord, its God, or take correction. Faithfulness has disappeared; the word itself is banished from their speech." Jeremiah 7:28