Fwd: We need your help in spreading the word about Jessica's sentence. Message from the Free Jessica Reznicek Team

Catholic Worker

Dec 27, 2021, 8:47:20 AM12/27/21
to National-CW...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 2:35 PM
Subject: We need your help in spreading the word about Jessica's sentence. Message from the Free Jessica Reznicek Team
To: Catholic Worker <catholicw...@gmail.com>

To all of our supporters:

Last week Jessica entered her fifth month locked up in a cinderblock
building away from her loved ones for the crime of protecting the
water and taking climate action. This mile-marker in her sentence came
the same week a deadly climate-charged tornado cluster killed many
across the south and midwestern United States.

To highlight the absurdity that our friend Jessica has been called a
terrorist for protecting water, while oil corporations continue to
expand fossil fuel infrastructure, during a deadly climate collapse,
our team is working on a video to showcase her wide base of support.
As she enters into her fifth month in a cell it’s important to
continue to spread the message that water protectors are not
terrorists and continue the fight to repeal her terrorism enhancement.

We are looking for representatives from organizations and individual
supporters who signed the petition to send in short selfie videos,
recorded on a phone, that we will edit together into one or more
videos. All we need is 1-2 sentences per video, sharing in your own
words why you support Jessica’s fight to repeal the terrorism
enhancement in her sentenicnig. If you are an organization or
collective we'd love to open the challenge to see who can get the most
people into one video as possible!

We’re asking that the first sentence start with “I support Jessica
Reznicek because…”. Bonus points for the video being taken somewhere
beautiful that reminds you of what we’re all fighting for. Feel free
to get creative with this! Another key message to close with might be
something like, “We are Water Protectors not Terrorists.”

Once you have your video made please email it to us at
freejessi...@gmail.com with the subject “Support Video”. Be sure to
include in the text of the email where you are sending it from, any
organization if you want one represented, and if you want it public
with your video your name and pronouns.

If you can’t make a video continue to get creative in spreading the
word about Jessica's case! Some things people have done so far that
you could do as well is get a t-shirt, write an Op-Ed, make a Free
Jessica Reznicek banner for the next Climate Justice protest, ask
organizations to sign the petition, host a letter writing event,
amplify our Twitter and other social media pages, and so much more!

To learn more about the case and how to support our campaign to get
her free please visit our website at supportjessicareznicek.com.

Solidarity forever,

The Free Jessica Reznicek Team

----
Free Jessica Reznicek email add <freejessi...@gmail.com>
Free Jessica Reznicek Face Book page: https://www.facebook.com/freejessrez
Free Jessica Reznicek Web Page https://supportjessicareznicek.com/

Write:
Jessica Reznicek # 19293-030
FCI Waseca
PO Box 1731
Waseca, MN 56093

Jess's 2021 Postings
https://frankcordaro.wordpress.com/2021/07/02/2021-jess-reznicek-postings/
241490129_134160295602583_2819343958926112991_n.jpg