Sailing Lessons for 7-year-old

Anne

Jul 24, 2011, 8:24:21 PM7/24/11
to Nantucket Crew Finder
Hi, my daughter is on the 20-long wait list for the Hunter's class, so
I signed her up for private lessons. If anyone would like to split the
lessons, the boat holds up to four children. Or if you know someone
with kids who might like to join, please put them in touch with us.
Thank you!

Matt Dwyer

Jul 24, 2011, 9:13:04 PM7/24/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com
Great Harbor may have an august program for 7 yr olds and may accept non-members. Contact Carolyn grant at GHYC (757) 377-5504.

Matt
(617)721-6600

Carolyn Grant

Jul 25, 2011, 12:20:20 PM7/25/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com
There are openings in the GHYC Junior Program and non-members can
register as a guest of a members. Please call if you are interested.

Carolyn Grant
508-680-5013

Anne Yoakam

Jul 26, 2011, 2:39:27 PM7/26/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com, <nantucketcrewfinder@googlegroups.com>
Thank you Carolyn Grant and Matt Dwyer, that would be great! I may be committed to the NCS as they changed their cancellation policy so that I would only get credit toward future instruction (which we would like, but this is my first summer here with my daughter, so haven't planned that far ahead). Let me look into it. We are staying at the NISDA harbor cottages so it would be as convenient if there's an afternoon session.

With appreciation,

Anne

Anne Yoakam
my blog: The Daily Tuna
http://dailytunafish.blogspot.com
124 East 91st Street, 3D
New York, NY 10128
(212) 860-1931
Sent from my iPhone

Anne Yoakam

Aug 1, 2011, 11:16:25 AM8/1/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I just left you a voicemail. If there is an afternoon camp
for beginning 7-year-olds, Rosemary would love to participate. She is
in the NISDA Kinderarts in the a.m. We are on Nantucket until August
19th.
Best,
Anne

Anne Yoakam

124 East 91st Street, 3D
New York, NY 10128
(212) 860-1931

anney...@att.net

Sailing

Aug 1, 2011, 1:34:50 PM8/1/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com
Mrs. Yoakam,

The only program we have for 5-7 year olds is the "Little Squirts"
program and it is the next two weeks on Tuesday/Thursday mornings from
9:00-11:30. Our opti program starts at 8 unless your child has prior
experience, in which case we only have an intermediate opti class in the
afternoon from 12:30-3:00. How much experience does Rosemary have?

Thanks,

Maria Powell
Junior Program Director

Anne Yoakam

Aug 1, 2011, 11:16:57 PM8/1/11
to nantucket...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ms. Powell,

Thank you for your email. Rosemary is very much a beginner. She has
been on sailboats and learned to tie 3 knots at the Shipwreck and
Lifesaving Museum, but has not actively sailed. She also enjoys her
morning NISDA Kinderarts (I suggested Maria Mitchell last week, but
she wanted to stay in Kinderarts and we went to MM's birthday
anniversary this afternoon!) Rosemary has some little friends who may
join in the private lessons we scheduled at NCS, which would make it
more fun. Maybe we could keep GHYC in mind if we come back next
year? I will run it by her just in case, though!

With appreciation,

Anne

Anne Yoakam
124 East 91st Street, 3D