FW: AMEC News - monthly meeting tomorrow night; Edinburg Autocross Oct 23; Euro Rallycross in Nov planning in progress

1 view

Casey Creamer

Sep 13, 2021, 8:07:58 AMSep 13
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 9:06 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - monthly meeting tomorrow night; Edinburg Autocross Oct 23; Euro Rallycross in Nov planning in progress

Hello AMEC,

Tomorrow night, Monday 9/13, is our September monthly meeting. We will hold the meeting again at Orchard Park West restaurant in Guilderland; as well as on Zoom. Come at 6:30 for dinner. The meeting will start at 7:30pm.

Join Zoom Meeting https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/94644126186 Meeting ID: 946 4412 6186

Once again we are working with the Tri-Vettes Corvette Club to hold an autocross at the Plateau Sky Ranch go-kart track in Edinburg on Saturday October 23. We won't be running on Sunday so make sure you come on Saturday if you want to come! Registration is on MotorsportsReg only. Click HERE to reach AMEC's landing page on MotorsportsReg.

There's a possibility that this will be the last Edinburg autocross due to the deterioration of the track. We have been patching the worst sections for many years but the patches aren't great and more and more spots are getting worse. We got a quote to have the track professionally paved...$40k for the bad spots and $80k for the entire track. The track doesn't make enough money to justify this expense, and patching the bad spots is becoming unfeasible. So, don't miss this event because it could be the last!

We are also trying to put on a Euro Rallycross in November at the New York State Off Road Park in Esperance. We are still working out the details. Come to the meeting tomorrow to learn more about the details and how you can help make it happen.

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.