FW: AMEC News - Updated Rulebook attached; Sign up for Annual Banquet on Saturday Jan 7th

Casey Creamer

Dec 22, 2022, 1:05:51 PM12/22/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Dave Burhnam (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2022 10:49 AM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - Updated Rulebook attached; Sign up for Annual Banquet on Saturday Jan 7th

Happy Holidays Ice racers!

 2023 RULE BOOK

The 2023 AMEC ice racing rules book is finally ready for your enjoyment! You will never know how much effort went into revamping the rules book this year but we hope you like it. Eric Parham did most of the work with help from Michael Waterhouse. Eric spent a lot of time rewording parts to make the intention of the rules more clear and try to eliminate any confusion. Thanks guys!  You will find that the wording and section numbers are very different but the rules haven't changed.The rules book is attached to this email and you will be able to see it on line soon. PLEASE READ IT. It would also be great if you print off the last page of the book and bring it with you to the races. This has four copies of the ice racing schedule for a day. Print one page and cut it into four quarters and you will have 4 copies. If you have any questions about the new rule book, email me.

Here's the attachment: AMEC 2023 Rule Book.pdf

One thing new for ice racing this year. You need to have a glass breaker/seatbelt cutter in your race car. You can find them easily on line at Amazon, eBay, Wal-Mart, etc they range from $4 to $40. Just Google “Window breaker seatbelt cutter”

JANUARY 7th Meeting- ice racing kick off banquet

Just a reminder our January Meeting is on Saturday January 7th 2023. This is a special meeting held on the first Saturday of the new year. This meeting is required in our AMEC bylaws and for the first time in a long time we will be meeting in person! It will be a great way to kick off the ice racing season. This takes the place our normal monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of each month.

 AMEC member Christopher Yates set this up, thanks Chris! Arrive 6 pm Saturday January 7th   at THE FACTORY EATERY & SPIRITS, 20 Prospect Street, Ballston Spa NY 12020.  The Factory Eatery & Spirits | Ballston Spa, NY - Restaurant in Ballston Spa, NY   A buffet will be served if we get 25 people or more if not we will order off the menu. Everyone will pay at the meeting. You need to RSVP to Chris if you will be coming. Please email Chris by January 2nd.  in...@eastcoastwatercross.com

ELECTION of Officers

The January meeting is also our yearly election of officers. Please send nominations in to me so they can be announced before the January meeting. If you cannot attend the meeting, we will  simultaneously be on Zoom so you can participate remotely. You will also be able to vote by email or phone call before the meeting. I will not be running for President again and my term expires April 1st. We will need to find someone willing to take the President’s position over. I have been an officer in AMEC on-and-off for about 20 of the last 36 years, it’s time for some new fresh people to take over. Tom Compoli said he has a lot going on too, and if we can find a new Vice President he would step down. Send your nominations in to me at raci...@nycap.rr.com

MEMEBERSHIPS

Remember you need to be an AMEC member to race, and dues are due by the January 7th Annual Banquet. It takes time to get all the memberships sorted and car numbers given out before the first race of the season, so don’t delay! To renew or become a member go here:

https://icerace.motorsportreg.com/

We hope you all have a wonderful Holliday season!

 Dave Burnham

AMEC President

(518) 322 5041 cell

(518) 875 6956 hm

Raci...@nycap.rr.com

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.