FW: AMEC News - race cancelled for next weekend 1/24; updated/corrected rulebook; details on Chazy Lake 2-day race Feb 6-7; ice report

Casey Creamer

Jan 18, 2021, 8:05:44 AMJan 18
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:55 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - race cancelled for next weekend 1/24; updated/corrected rulebook; details on Chazy Lake 2-day race Feb 6-7; ice report

Hello AMEC,

The 2021 Iceracing Rulebook has been updated to Revision 1 and will be posted to www.icerace.com soon. This revision:

  1. Corrects the SLM/SLM4 tires rules to allow the SCCV (Sports Car Club of Vermont) “Super Stud” tires ; this allowance was accidentally omitted from the previous revision.
  2. Updates the start time for the mandatory drivers’ meeting to 9:30am.
  3. Updates the race-day schedule to reflect the drivers’ meeting time and show separate practice heats for SL/SLS and SL4/SLS4. Yes, these two class groups will get their own practice heats due to the number of competitors in these classes. The practice sessions will be shorter than in previous years in order to conclude the race-day at a reasonable time. As usual, the order of heats may be revised on race-day if necessary.

As you know, we are planning to race on Chazy Lake near Plattsburgh on both Saturday and Sunday Feb 6-7 as long as the ice is good. We have arranged a discounted group hotel rate at the Comfort Inn & Suites located at 411 Route 3 in Plattsburgh, NY 12901. The phone number is 518-652-2730. The group rate is under “AMEC” and coordinated by Ken Marshal. The usual rate is $129 per night but the group rate is $79 for single occupancy plus $10 for additional occupants, children are free. The hotel has a Perkins Restaurant on-site and an indoor water park. There is no penalty for cancelations. There are several other hotels and restaurants in the area.

Due to COVID-19 we will not be gathering Saturday night for a banquet like we usually do on 2-day events so you are on your own for dinner Saturday night.

Chazy Lake is 30 minutes West of Plattsburgh. We will coordinate with a local restaurant to bring lunch out to the lake for people who place orders in advance. We will send out ordering information closer to the race. The closest gas and food to the lake is an 11 minute drive to the town of Dannemora.

As you saw above, the mandatory drivers’ meeting will start at 9:30am. If Chazy Lake is our first race of the year, you will need to show up around 8am in order to get through Tech Inspection before the meeting. We are doing annual Tech Inspections so once you have passed Tech Inspection your car and helmet will be marked with stickers to show that they have passed inspection. It is your responsibility to maintain your car and helmet in compliant condition for the remainder of the season and you will not need to go through Tech Inspection again for the season. Of course AMEC reserves the right to inspect your car and helmet for compliance at any time during the season.

Race registration will be conducted on-line and will not be available in-person due to COVID-19. Registration will open on MotorsportsReg as soon as we confirm that we can race.

Here is info on how the ice is shaping up. Lake Algonquin has about 7”-8” of good ice. They got about 4” of snow this weekend and are expected to get a little bit more this week. Caroga Lake had 6” of ice with about 2” of snow on top. Summit Lake had 5”-7” of ice with about 3” of snow on it. Chazy Lake has about 7” of ice right now. We received a report that Tupper Lake has about 6" of ice. I don't have an update on Warners Lake. Unfortunately all of this means that racing next weekend, Jan 24th, won’t be possible.

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.