FW: AMEC News - Race on 2/21 is CANCELLED

Casey Creamer

Feb 19, 2021, 10:05:03 AMFeb 19
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:20 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - Race on 2/21 is CANCELLED

Hello Iceracers,

We spent over 12 hours checking lakes again today...460 miles driven, 3.3 miles walked through 4" to 15" of snow and some sections of 8" of slush.

The weather cooperated this week for a change with the lakes not getting as much snow as expected. A lot of the snow that was on Chazy blew off but the ice wasn't good. The ice around the access points was remarkably wet and very soft. In one area near the access you could shovel the ice; it was either the softest ice I've ever seen or the hardest slush, I'm not sure which. We drilled only a couple holes that were ice all the way through, all of the others had slush on top or a layer of slush between layers of ice. We headed in all directions from the access points trying to locate an area with good ice but never found one. We tried a spot at the far end of the lake where we could possibly access the ice but found a lot of slush. We talked with a couple locals while walking back to the car and they said a snowmobile got stuck on the ice yesterday in the slush and they were still trying to get it off the lake!

We checked Tupper Lake on the way back and found much of the same but with a lot of ice fisherman. We walked the whole area where we could race and found large patches of slush. Where there wasn't slush we found false ice.

Lake Algonquin didn't get good weather from the storm earlier this week. I got a report from a local that said they got 4" of snow then 8 hours of rain and the lake was trashed.

Nevertheless we'll check the ice on Thursday or Friday this coming week and let everyone know if we think we can race. At this point we aren't sure what lake will have the best conditions.

-Michael Waterhouse
AMEC President
518-810-8831

--
*From Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com*

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA