FW: AMEC News - May Monthly Zoom meeting is tomorrow; passing of Dick Vedder

Casey Creamer

May 10, 2021, 8:09:37 AM5/10/21
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 9, 2021 8:54 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - May Monthly Zoom meeting is tomorrow; passing of Dick Vedder

Hello AMEC,

I have some sad news for the club. Long-time AMEC member Dick Vedder has passed away. Here is a link to his obituary: Obituary

Dave Burnham put up a nice post on the AMEC Group Facebook page and many people have added to that post with memories of Dick. I'll include Dave's message at the end of this email.

Tomorrow night is our monthly meeting for May on Zoom. Here's the log-in information:

Time: May 10, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/93903312033

Meeting ID: 939 0331 2033

We'll be discussing the upcoming Edinburg Autocross and progress towards holding Euro Rallycross Events this summer.

Here is Dave Burnham's post regarding Dick Vedder:

Long time AMEC member Richard Vedder has passed away. He was one of only 6 AMEC members that were given lifetime memberships in the club. Richard "Dick" as most of us called him was part of AMECs early history and he shows up in the third monthly minutes of the meetings from AMEC’s first year in 1954. He was AMECs long time chief steward in charge of running the ice races for many, many years. He participated in all forms of AMEC race events including the early dirt time trials at the AMEC track in Charlton NY, road rallies, and ice racing for many years. He was ice racing class champion in the early 70’s running a SAAB 96. Dick retired from racing but worked AMEC events for about 30 years and the he came back and raced in the AMEC street legal division for a bunch of years and was considered one of the best in the street legal class. The license plate on his street car was AMEC 1 which was very appropriate. Dick was always at the (in person) AMEC monthly meetings and for AMECs first 50 years or so AMEC had a 50-50 raffle and it seemed like Dick won about every third 50-50 cash prize we I don’t know how he did that. He was a great guy and we will miss him tremendously. He was our last living connection with the early days of AMEC. I interviewed him on video about 10 years ago and will try to get that into a form that people can watch and will try to get a copy to his remaining family. We have not heard if there will be a service yet but if we do we will post it.

RIP Dick

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.