FW: AMEC News - no racing this weekend 1/17; Iceracing Rulebook correction to add SCCV tires to SLM classes;looking for help sand blasting

1 view

Casey Creamer

Jan 14, 2021, 10:38:40 AMJan 14
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 10:30 AM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - no racing this weekend 1/17; Iceracing Rulebook correction to add SCCV tires to SLM classes;looking for help sand blasting

Hello Iceracers,

As you probably guessed, we won't be able to race this weekend. The weather next week is looking pretty good however! We likely won't be able to race on
1/23 or 1/24 but the ice is growing. We will be checking the lakes every week as usual.

We received the green light to race on Chazy Lake near Plattsburgh for the weekend of Feb 6 and 7. The plan is to race both Saturday and Sunday! I will send more details this weekend including info on a group rate for a nearby hotel. I think the odds are good that we'll be able to race that weekend. :-D

I failed to update the 2021 iceracing rulebook correctly by forgetting to add the SCCV "Super Stud" tires allowance for the SLM classes. I will make that correction this weekend and post the updated rules soon after that.

We are looking for some help sandblasting the drive cog wheel hubs for the snowcat. We have two spare hubs that we are rebuilding. One of the hubs needs the urethane chipped off of it before blasting. The hubs are about 18"
diameter and 5" thick, maybe 30 pounds each. We are looking for someone who can blast these for free or you can come to my house in Voorheesville and blast them in my cabinet; I think it will take about 4 hours total.

Make sure you're ready to race! Is your helmet SNELL 2010 or newer?

-Michael Waterhouse
AMEC President
518-810-8831

--
*From Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com*

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA