FW: AMEC News - 2023 SEASON Cancelled

Casey Creamer

Feb 26, 2023, 3:15:18 PM2/26/23
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Dave Burnham (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2023 7:25 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - 2023 SEASON Cancelled

Hi Ice racers,

Here is the bad news: We are officially canceling the 2023 ice racing season.

I would like to thank the AMEC officers that came today to make the call on what to do, Tom Compoli, Mike Hill, and Mike Glock.

Here is what we found: there is 14 inches of ice on Pecks Lake and it drills pretty hard and feels pretty good, but if you cut a core sample out like we did today you can see that there is only 7” of good ice and then another 7” of snow ice. It is our opinion that it takes about 3 to 4 inches of snow ice to equal the strength of one inch of good clear ice. So we would need a lot more ice to make it safe. See the photo below. We also took into consideration that the weather man says we will be getting between 8” and 18” of snow this week which will make it almost impossible to grow more ice over the next few weeks along with the fact that we are heading quickly towards the end of winter. So that’s it, we are done for this season.

I want to thank all the people that worked so hard this year preparing for the ice races. The list is long and we had a bunch of new people that signed up to work which was awesome. We were all set for a really great season. We could not do it without this huge workforce ready and willing to go at a moment’s notice. I hope everyone will consider trying it again next season.

This is not the last you will hear from AMEC. We are a year-round club and the new officers have some ideas for some summer events. I hope you will consider being a part of whatever AMEC does year round. We will work on these ideas and possibly a summer picnic or who knows what. So please keep attending the AMEC monthly meetings and read the emails we send out.

Have a great weekend!

Dave Burnham

AMEC President

518 322 504

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.