FW: AMEC News - snowstorm coming, planning for Algonquin on Sunday; other important info

1 view

Casey Creamer

Feb 3, 2022, 9:27:19 AM2/3/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 9:12 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - snowstorm coming, planning for Algonquin on Sunday; other important info

Hello Iceracers,

It’s going to be a tough week to determine where and whether we can race due to the snow storm.

We most likely will race on Algonquin but there’s a small possibility we could race on Warners Lake. We probably won’t be able to make a decision until Friday, but we may have to cancel on Saturday if we can’t plow a track.

Today we checked Lake George and found a nice uniform 12” of ice so we are looking very good for the weekend of Feb 12-13! We plan to gather Saturday night, Feb 12, at the Lake George Lanes and Games located at 2211 Canada St in Lake George. We’ve done this before and it has worked out well. Make plans now but make sure you can cancel any hotel reservations in case things turn for the worst. On the 12th, we will be doing a special event like the 20/20 after the second set of heats but this session is exclusively for Electric Vehicles. Long-time AMEC member, Mike Kamm, is organizing this session. It will be $20 for 15 minutes on the track. You might have seen Mike this past Sunday at the 20/20 with his white Chevy Bolt EV. The event is being coordinated by Mike as part of the Capital District EV Drivers group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers Contact Mike Kamm via Facebook to participate. He will be handling all of the entries personally, this event won’t be posted on the MotorsportReg.

At every race you need to check in and sign the waiver before the drivers meeting. Don’t wait till the last minute since this will end up delaying the driver meeting. Our insurance provider requires that the waiver be signed on the day of each race and we need to comply.

For the Street Legal racers, please make sure you have your tow hooks installed on your cars to make it easier to pull you out of snowbanks. Also, it’s best for you to be the one to attach the tow strap to your car. Sometimes the tow vehicle will do this for you but digging through the snow to try to find a place to hook to gets old quickly.

At the start of races, each car must remain in 2-by-2 formation until it crosses the start line. Do not move out of formation until you pass the start line.

If you are shown the passing flag (blue with orange strip), the corner worker or head flagger is letting you know that you will soon be passed by faster cars. Don’t slam on your brakes or change lanes, check your mirrors to assess the situation. Typically it’s best to stay in your lane…you can think of the track as having 3 lanes, a left land a middle lane and a right lane. Do not try to move out of the way, the faster cars will navigate around you. Personally I put my blinker on to indicate that I’m going to try to stay to the right or left but this isn’t necessary.

We will let you know about this coming weekend as soon as we make a decision.

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 #103 SL/SLM/SMC 1990 Eagle Talong, black, RWD

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.