FW: AMEC NEWS - New President and VP elected for 2023-2024 term

Casey Creamer

Jan 9, 2023, 1:25:15 PM1/9/23
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Dave Burnham (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2023 1:20 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC NEWS - New President and VP elected for 2023-2024 term

Hello AMEC,

We had a great turn out at the AMEC annual meeting Saturday evening January 7th. 40+ people came. We had fun talking, looking at some AMEC history items, and having our annual meeting and election of officers. The food was good and the venue looks like it would be very nice to hold a year-end banquet.

The big news for the night was we will have a new President and Vice President, who will start their term on April 1st 2023. We are all very happy about that!

Allen Pashley will be our new President when my term is up on April 1st. This is a wonderful thing it keeps AMEC alive for another year and it also extends the Pashley lineage of AMEC Presidents to a third generation. Allen’s Father, Richard Pashley, was AMEC President from 1981 to 1983, Allen’s grandfather, Vern Pashley, was AMEC President from 1983 to 1985, Allen’s Uncle, Bob Pashley, was AMEC President from 1986 to 1989. This is the only family of AMEC members with three generations of service to our club. I have known Allen since the mid-eighties and I am sure he will do a great job for us. He knows the history of the club and wants to keep it going.

We all would like to welcome Caleb Pocock as our new Vice President, who will also begin his term on April 1st 2023. Caleb has been working behind the scenes for us for a long time keeping our Facebook page up and running well. He has been a very active iceracer along with his summertime rally racing. I think we have an awesome team assembled to keep us going into the future.

At the meeting we gave reports on the status of the club which is in good shape financially, along with good membership numbers, we also discussed final preparations for ice racing. We have everything in place for the 2023 season, we just need a strong 12” of good ice to race.

Speaking of memberships, if you have not renewed your membership do it fast because the renewal price goes up $20 as soon as we update MotorsportReg. We need time to process all the memberships before our first race and if you do not renew soon it will cost you more. Please go HERE to Motorsports reg to renew.

The latest ice report is that there is still 8”of good ice in the bay on Lake Algonquin and there is still ice out on the main lake but it has been hurt somewhat by the recent warmth and rain. This week is looking better with the temps not going above freezing up in Wells for most of the week. Let’s hope we get a lot of cold before we get any more snow. We will keep you all posted on the ice it is just about time to have your cars ready to go.

We look forward to seeing you all out on the ice soon.

Below are a couple photos from the banquet.

Thanks,

Dave Burnham

AMEC President

518 322 5041

Raci...@nycap.rr.com

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.