FW: AMEC News - send in your re-votes on street legal ballast; Zoom Meeting Monday at 7:30PM; tire options for SS class

Casey Creamer

Jul 7, 2022, 11:05:58 AM7/7/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2022 10:57 AM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - send in your re-votes on street legal ballast; Zoom Meeting Monday at 7:30PM; tire options for SS class

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder you have just a few days more to get your “re-vote” in on if we should allow or not allow ballast in Street Legal classes. The voting so far is quite close and we had a tie last time so your vote will make a difference. You can vote during the monthly zoom meeting also.

Here is a question for you: If you helped out in any way working for AMEC before, during, or after the ice races last winter, including the lead up to the season... would you be willing to do the same job again in 2023?  Please send me a quick note saying yes or no and what job you did. I am asking for every job big and small. Anything from being an AMEC officer, to plowing, to online work, to corner workers... any job at all if you did it let me know if you would do it again. We are going to use this info to know what jobs need to be filled for 2023. Please don’t make us chase after this info, just send me a quick note.

And another question: If you race or hope to race in the “Big stud Classes”  (SMO, SSMC, MM, SS, SLM, AWD) Will you need tires for 2023? Getting tires is a big deal and we need to start thinking about placing an order sometime in August to make sure we have tires for January. At Monday's meeting we will be discussing some new options for tires for the SS class.

And don’t forget we need workers for the Edinburg Autocross track clean up day which will probably be Saturday July 16th (unless it is raining heavily in which case it will be Sunday). Please let me know if you will be there.

Then there is the Edinburg autocross scheduled for Saturday July 23rd. The race happens rain or shine. Come run your car or come help us work. We need crowd control people, helpers to make lunch, set up stuff, and other help in general. It’s a fun day with your AMEC friends. To sign up for the event go here:  Autocross at Plateau Airport Kart Track (motorsportreg.com)

The monthly AMEC Zoom meeting will be held Monday July 11 at 7:30 PM the zoom link is here: https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/99654003425

Meeting ID: 996 5400 3425

That’s all for now!

Dave Burnham

AMEC Pres

( 518) 322 5041

Raci...@nycap.rr.com

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.