FW: AMEC News - Races Feb 13-14 are CANCELLED; monthly Zoom meeting is tonight

Casey Creamer

Feb 8, 2021, 11:12:54 AMFeb 8
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2021 10:41 AM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - Races Feb 13-14 are CANCELLED; monthly Zoom meeting is tonight

Hello Iceracers,

I’ll cut to the chase…racing next weekend, Feb 13-14, is cancelled.

You may have seen Dave B’s post to the AMEC Facebook group page but he and I spent ALL of Saturday checking lakes. We drove just under 500 miles and checked Caroga, Algonquin, Chazy, Chateaugay and Tupper Lake (Raquette Pond). We found a lot of snow, slush, and not enough ice. Thankfully the next two weeks are going to be cold so the ice should be growing despite the blanket of snow.

It is a strong possibility that we’ll be able to race on Feb 20-21 with the first choice lake being Caroga since our races will be part of the Caroga Lake Winter Carnival. We will change lakes if Caroga isn’t an option due to ice conditions.

We will not be able to race outside of New York due to COVID-19 travel restrictions so we won’t be pursuing those options any further. It is the responsiblity of anyone attending an AMEC event to follow any applicable COVID-19 requirements.

Tonight is the February Monthly Meeting. Join us on Zoom at 7:30pm tonight using the following link:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fumass-amherst.zoom.us%2Fj%2F96186538296%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0TCEg5AM4_dJLjJnJ7e_Z9AyKHi63EpkS0oPOYZDx8EOquqVcm7mYmHo8&h=AT3f01VbXq4rZyL53wcZYtV4He771P9_NeURQQ2E_qZX8ubVY-NiIjGn1GsMmEzziT5D8R4ITbYLKzFEWyVfOZCNARGV7T1dBA-8ifPjOOlTuCyIbbRiA731QdmO6pnkv8b09A

Meeting ID: 961 8653 8296

During the meeting we will mostly be discussing contingency plans to race this winter.

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.