FW: AMEC News: Results posted; Registration for Lake George is open; Important info for racers

Casey Creamer

Feb 23, 2022, 4:26:38 PM2/23/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 4:23 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News: Results posted; Registration for Lake George is open; Important info for racers

Hello Iceracers,

Things are looking pretty good for racing this weekend! Registration for Saturday and Sunday is open on MotorsportReg. Registration closes at 8PM the night before the race. If you think you might come, please register. It is much easier for us to issue refunds than to accommodate late registrations.

We checked the ice yesterday before the rain and found 15” of good ice. The temperature will drop below freezing this evening and will stay there until Sunday.

The worrisome part of the forecast is the 6-12” of snow expected Thursday night through Friday. We will be checking the ice Thursday afternoon to assess the conditions before the snow comes. The plan is to plow Friday.

We will adjust the plans if needed, but at this time, assume we are going to race.

The results from this past week’s race are posted HERE.

Street Legal racers, if you are involved in a contact incident during a race, you are disqualified for the heat in which it happened. After the incident, safely exit the track the next time you pass the pit lane. You should grid at the back of your class for the following heat race regardless of whether the grid sheet tells you otherwise. If the Scorer was not aware of your disqualification, the grid sheet may position you as though you weren’t disqualified. It is your responsibility to grid at the back of your class if you were disqualified.

If you disagree with a penalty issued during a heat race, do not attempt to talk with the corner workers or head flagger. The head flagger will tell you why you were black flagged during your stop-and-go penalty. Listen to what they have to say and follow their directions if any are given. Do not argue with the head flagger. Most likely, you didn’t realize that you hit a cone or that there was a yellow zone. It’s very unlikely that an incorrect call was made. Contact me after the races are over and we can discuss what happened.

Everyone, especially racers in the SLM/SLM4/SS/OPEN classes, please make sure to slow down to 20-25mph after getting the checkered flag at the finish line. The plow trucks will be on the track to clear snow for the next heat so slow down and keep an eye out for them.

We are planning a 2-day race the weekend of March 12-13 on Chazy Lake in Dannemora NY, which is 30 minutes west of Plattsburgh. They have a ton of ice up there. This will likely be the last races of the season and should be a fun finale to a great year of iceracing. We have permission from the town and they are excited to have us. I will send out recommendations on where to stay and eat next week.

See you Saturday!

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 #103 SL/SLM/SMC 1990 Eagle Talon, black, rwd

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.