Fwd: AMEC News - Race CANCELLED for Sunday 11/12

Casey Creamer

Feb 9, 2023, 12:59:01 PM2/9/23
to NYIce...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dave Burnham (via MotorsportReg.com)" <auto...@motorsportreg.com>
Date: February 9, 2023 at 12:37:15 PM EST
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - Race CANCELLED for Sunday 11/12

Hi Ice racers,

The bad news never stops this winter. There will be no ice racing this weekend. Our only potential lake for this weekend was Lake Algonquin in Wells, and it is pretty bad. The main lake had 10” of snow on it two weeks ago and that has turned into 8” of ice, hard packed snowmobile trails, lots of false ice, and slush. The back bay has a nice 15” of ice but there is an ice fishing tournament there Saturday, which will turn that into Swiss cheese. The back bay really is not big enough for a real ice race also. We tried that once it was just bumper to bumper race cars.

We will try again next week. We are not giving up yet! Many other ice race clubs have given up, but we still are hopeful we can get one or two races in this season.

The SCCV has another Winter Cross scheduled for this weekend at Airborne park Speedway if you are looking to get out and drive. Go to Motorsports Registration here:

SCCV Wintercross #2 (motorsportreg.com)

Rumor has it there might be football game on Sunday too:-O

The monthly AMEC meeting is this Monday February 13th , it will be another Zoom meeting. The meeting starts at 7:30 PM the link is below to sign in

https://umass-amherst.zoom.us/j/99654003425?pwd=bFd3WWFlRXNlcW5pYkZvc2lJdlA3UT09

Meeting ID: 996 5400 3425 Passcode: 123456

That’s all for now hope to see you at the meeting Monday, or on the ice soon.

Thanks!

Dave Burnham

AMEC President

(518) 322 5041

Raci...@nycap.rr.com

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.