FW: AMEC News - corner workers needed; info on food options for Sunday

Casey Creamer

Jan 22, 2022, 8:12:21 AM1/22/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 8:58 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - corner workers needed; info on food options for Sunday

Hello Iceracers,

We have most of the worker positions filled however we need some more corner workers. It’s a fun job because you get a great view of the races. The corner workers can park their vehicles at their station and jump back inside their cars between heat races to stay warm. We will train any new people. Ideally these people are interested in doing this for the entire race day or half day but if you’re racing and would like to help out, you can rotate in and out when you aren’t racing. Let me know if you’re interested!

For food on Sunday,  the best option is pre-ordering food from Johnny’s, which is on Rt.30 north of town, just past Catherine St. on the left when heading north. You can order breakfast and lunch ahead of time by calling them at 518-924-4444. They will be delivering lunch to the lake but you’ll need to pick breakfast up from the restaurant. They will set up somewhere near the pit-in/out lane. We will try to spread the word through the pits when they arrive so you can go pick up your food. Give them your car number when you order lunch, we’ll use that to track you down if you don’t find them first. They do accept credit card in the restaurant, but not on the lake. Tip appropriately considering they are delivering to the lake and it's good for the club and community to support local businesses.

Johnny's Menu can be found at the link HERE and below:

There is a small gas station and general store in town named Lakeside General Store. I don’t believe they have high octane gas. If you need high octane gas for your racecar, your best bet may be the Sunoco in Mayfield, 24 miles south of Wells. The don't have a public bathroom.

There is a larger general store on the north end of town named Wells Edge General Store. It's just past the bridge on the right when heading north on Rt. 30. Their deli is closed this weekend but the rest of the store is open so you can stop by there to pick up coffee, hot cocoa, snacks, etc. I don't know if they have a public bathroom.

There will be a porta-potty at the entrance to the lake on Luella Road. I am not sure of any public bathrooms in town. Johnny's does have a bathroom but their septic is small and only for patrons, but buy some food and be a patron.

-Michael Waterhouse
 AMEC President
 #103 SL, SLM, SMC 1990 Eagle Talon, black
 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.