Special event for race cars. September 6th

Casey Creamer

Jun 20, 2024, 3:35:35 PMJun 20
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

Hello fellow Ice Racers,

The Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival this year is Friday September 6th.  http://www.grandprixfestival.com/

Due to some scheduling difficulties, the Vintage Races at WGI will be held on the weekend of 8/24 instead of in conjunction with the Grand Prix Festival.

Some of you may know that the climax of our Festival brings the SVRA race cars downtown to do some laps of the 6.6 mile Old Course as a tribute to the birth of post war Road Racing in the US.

Because of the schedule change, we may see somewhat fewer SVRA cars in attendance this year!

But we do want race cars aplenty! That is where you come in. Your car doesn’t have to be a certain type or vintage as long as it’s a race car. Bring it down and participate in the SVRA Tribute Laps of the Old Course. If it has a number on it and it’s loud, then it’s appropriate.

I have attached an invitation and also a fillable PDF registration form because you do have to be preregistered to be part of it all.

I am looking forward to seeing a good contingent of Ice Racers,

Casey

2024 SVRA Laps Invitation Final - Copy.pdf
2024 SVRA Registration Form - Copy.pdf