FW: AMEC News - races CANCELLED for 3/13-3/14 but hope remains for next weekend!

Casey Creamer

Mar 12, 2021, 7:35:30 AMMar 12
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 4:24 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - races CANCELLED for 3/13-3/14 but hope remains for next weekend!

Hello Iceracers,

I'm sorry to once again have to inform you that the races for this coming weekend are cancelled.

On the bright side, the warm weather is actually helping consolidate the junk on top of the good ice. We checked both Algonquin and Caroga today and were happy to see improvement. Algonquin is smoothing out a bit but still has 4-6" of bad ice on top. We could see where things had melted and refroze, and those areas were looking pretty good. There was actually no standing water when it was checked at 11am.

I just got off the phone with Dave B who was leaving Caroga. The lake has a lot of snow along the shoreline where we get on the ice. There's maybe 3' of snow but it tapers away as you go farther out onto the lake. If we can get out onto the lake safely next weekend we may be able to race.

The temperatures for this coming week look pretty good for Caroga! Take a look for yourself but with overnight temperatures in the 20s and daytime temps not getting much above freezing we might just pull off a race!

I need to check with the ice-checkers to schedule the checking for next week but I hope to have news for you on Thursday.

-Michael Waterhouse
AMEC President
518-810-8831

--
*From Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com*

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA