FW: AMEC News - Iceracing season is officially over; planning for Wheel-to-Wheel rallycross

Casey Creamer

Mar 25, 2021, 4:15:51 PM3/25/21
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 3:55 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - Iceracing season is officially over; planning for Wheel-to-Wheel rallycross

Hello Iceracers,

It’s clear that we aren’t going to be able to race this year so we are officially declaring the 2021 Iceracing season over.

It’s truly sad that we weren’t able to race for the second year in a row. It’s not clear whether this is a trend but I do know that we were very close to being able to race. We had sufficiently low temperatures and a variety of lakes to race on. The problem we ran into was snow and slush on the lakes…and in general, bad luck. We had 67 people get their memberships so I know there’s plenty of interest. I’m not going to give up on iceracing, it's too much fun!

So what’s next for AMEC? We are working on holding some wheel-to-wheel rallycross races over the summer. We are still early in the process but we’re working on a few venues and developing the idea. We also plan to help the Tri-Vettes Corvette Club hold their annual spring and fall autocrosses at the Edinburg go-kart track. There’s also light at the end of the COVID-19 tunnel so we’ll be able to hold in-person monthly meetings.

I’m looking forward the summer events and the 2022 Iceracing season and I hope you are too!

-Michael Waterhouse
AMEC President
518-810-8831

--
*From Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com*

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA