FW: AMEC News - RSVP for Jan 7th Banquet; check Facebook for ice report

Casey Creamer

Dec 30, 2022, 7:58:53 AM12/30/22
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Dave Burnham (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2022 7:22 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - RSVP for Jan 7th Banquet; check Facebook for ice report

Hi All,

Just a few reminders. If you can come to the January AMEC membership meeting and annual banquet you need to sign up before January 2nd. Here are the details.

JANUARY 7th Meeting- ice racing kick off banquet

Saturday January 7th 2023. This is a special meeting held on the first Saturday of the new year. This meeting is required in our AMEC bylaws and for the first time in a long time we will be meeting in person! It will be a great way to kick off the ice racing season. This takes the place our normal monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of each month.

We will hand out any trophies that were left over from last season’s ice racing banquet. The names of trophy winners are below:

Alex Kuklov, Max Stratton, Paul Norman, Alyssa Merrill, and Tim Stevens

To keep things fun, we will have some videos of ice racing from the past, some AMEC historical items, and maybe a door prize like a free race registra
tion, but you must be present to win!

 AMEC member Christopher Yates set this up, thanks Chris! Arrive 6 pm Saturday January 7th   at THE FACTORY EATERY & SPIRITS, 20 Prospect Street, Ballston Spa NY 12020.    A buffet will be served and everyone will pay at the meeting. You need to RSVP to Chris if you will be coming. So far we have 24 people signed up, so it should be a good time! Please email Chris by January 2nd. in...@eastcoastwatercross.com

ELECTION of Club Officers

The January meeting is also our yearly election of officers. Please send nominations in to me so they can be announced before the January meeting. If you cannot attend the meeting, we will  simultaneously be on Zoom so you can participate remotely. You will also be able to vote by email or phone call before the meeting. I will not be running for President again and my term expires April 1st. We will need to find someone willing to take the President’s position over. I have been an officer in AMEC on-and-off for about 20 of the last 36 years, it’s time for some new people to take over. Tom Compoli said he has a lot going on too, and if we can find a new Vice President he would step down. Send your nominations in to me at raci...@nycap.rr.com

….We have no nominations yet…..:-(

MEMEBERSHIPS

Remember you need to be an AMEC member to ice race, and dues are due by the January 7th Annual Banquet. It takes time to get all the memberships sorted and car numbers given out before the first race of the season, so don’t delay! To renew or become a member go here:

https://icerace.motorsportreg.com/

2023 RULE Book

The 2023 ice racing rules book is now available on the icerace.com web site. Please read it. A couple of things to remember for 2023:

  1. You will need a seat belt cutter and widow breaker to race.
  2. All helmets must now be Snell SA rated, 2010 or newer. Helmets cannot just be DOT, they MUST have the SA rating.

Ice Report:

I check the ice on Lake Algonquin yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by what I found! I posted the details to the AMEC Facebook page so check that out for full details.

That’s all for now, see you out on the ice soon!

Dave Burnham

AMEC President

Raci...@nycap.rr.com

(518) 322 5041 cell

(518) 875 6956 hom

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.