FW: AMEC News - racing cancelled for this weekend

1 view

Casey Creamer

Feb 23, 2023, 11:56:37 AM2/23/23
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Burnham (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:21 AM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - racing cancelled for this weekend

Hi Ice racers,

Here is the deal for this weekend:

Obviously the Lake George ice races are not happening this year, the lake is still open water.

We do have 14+ inches of ice on Pecks Lake and it’s quite good, uniform ice from my preliminary checks. However, we have decided to not race there this weekend because the Fulton County Sheriff’s office has issued a warning for all people, ice fisherman, snowmobilers, etc to stay off the lakes in Fulton County. Pecks Lake and Caroga Lake are in Fulton county. We do not want to go against this and since Pecks Lake was the only lake that had the potential to race on, we are cancelling for this weekend.

We still needed to check the ice more before we would race on Pecks Lake and I had planned to do that today. But our new plan is for the AMEC officers to go to Pecks Lake Saturday morning and chain saw out some ice cores and look at the consistency of the ice. If the consistency looks good, we will consider racing there the following weekend. If it doesn’t look as good as our preliminary checking found, we may cancel the rest of the season and just call it quits for 2023.

That’s all we can do at this point so let’s hope we have good news this Saturday.

Thanks,

Dave Burnham

AMEC President
Raci...@nycap.rr.com
518 322 5041 cell

--
*From Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com*

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA