FW: AMEC News - The plan is to try to race SATURDAY on Lake Algonquin

1 view

Casey Creamer

Feb 24, 2021, 11:47:20 AMFeb 24
to nyice...@googlegroups.com

From: Michael Waterhouse (via MotorsportReg.com) [mailto:auto...@motorsportreg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:15 PM
To: ca...@senecasaw.com
Subject: AMEC News - The plan is to try to race SATURDAY on Lake Algonquin

Hello AMEC Iceracers,

Our best option for this coming weekend is Lake Algonquin on SATURDAY. The forecast high temperature for Saturday is 44F, which will likely make the lake unusable on Sunday so we are planning for Saturday. We will be checking the lake on Thursday and sending the plow crew up Friday if we think racing might be possible. The goal is to let you guys know as soon as possible whether we’ll be able to race so I’ll send out an email on Thursday once I receive the ice report.

There are iceraces going on in NH for people who live in NH or are able to meet the NH COVID-19 requirements. I believe these are the current guidelines: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors

There are two clubs racing: JIRA (Jaffrey Ice Racing Association) in Southern NH, and NEIRA (New England Ice Racing Association) which is near the ME border, 2 hours North East of Jaffrey. Both clubs run ovals and have very different car rules than AMEC however JIRA is planning to run a set of races for street legal cars. Matt Duncan is posting information about the JIRA races on the AMEC Facebook Group page so look for details there and get in touch with Matt if you want to go. AMEC is not involved with the JIRA event but we thought our members would be interested.

-Michael Waterhouse

 AMEC President

 518-810-8831

Sent for Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club to ca...@senecasaw.com (Settings)

Delivered by MotorsportReg.com, 121 Drivers Edge, Traverse City, Michigan 49684, USA. Report abuse.