UK Hackspace Foundation Needs You!

1 view

James Hayward

Apr 15, 2013, 4:32:23 PM4/15/13
to NW-hac...@googlegroups.com

Hello fellow hackers!

<Sorry if you receive this message more than once, I’m cross posting to multiple Hackspace groups>

In just a few days, Maker Faire UK takes place in Newcastle, hopefully a fair few of you are going.  The UK Hackspace Foundation will have a stand at Maker Faire, as well as looking after the soldering tables.

So, how can you help?

1)  Are you going to Maker Faire and can spare a couple of hours to teach people to solder?  If so, please sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XaGbuzpwiuHE4rYPH604l2j2wlN9AYDdWpwUWom225M/viewform

In exchange, you will get backstage access to the Maker Faire

2) We need pictures of ALL THE SPACES!  If you have any pictures of your hackspace or meetups that are already released under a Creative Commons licence, or you are the photographer and are happy for us to use them, please send them to:

geeksar...@gmail.com

With details of what space it is, the event it was taken at and any attribution details you need.

3) Last but not least, do you have any good videos of Hackspaces?  If so, please email

geeksar...@gmail.com

with details and we’ll organise a way of getting them to us.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email, I hope you can help us, and hopefully I will see you at the Maker Faire!

James