Fwd: [uk-hackspaces] Fwd: UK makerspaces open day opportunity - Make:Shift:Do

Richard Smedley

Sep 1, 2014, 5:19:04 AM9/1/14
to potteries-hackspace, nw-hac...@googlegroups.com, does-li...@googlegroups.com
Looks like something well worth joining in with...

From: "Hilary Chittenden" <Hilary.C...@rsa.org.uk>
Date: Aug 28, 2014 2:39 PM
Subject: Invitation to participate in Make:Shift:Do
To: "Laura James" <laura...@makespace.org>

Hi Laura,

I hope you’re well!

We are currently working with the Crafts Council, The Institute of
Making and the Digital Programmes at the V&A on a collaborative event
titled Make:Shift:Do which is part of the Crafts Council’s wider
Make:Shift conference taking place on 20 and 21 November 2014.

Make:Shift is the Crafts Council’s new conference on innovation across
materials, making and technologies with a focus on cross-sector
collaboration and what a future landscape could look like for craft
and making.

Make:Shift:Do is a public facing event running in parallel to the main
conference, aimed at highlighting the spaces of making and bringing
together the existing networks of make spaces across the UK. It runs
over Friday 21 and Saturday 22 November 2014, covering the second
conference day and a weekend day to enable broader audiences to take
part.

We are inviting spaces to open their doors over these two days, run
any activities that you normally would, or new ones if you like, and
raise the profile of making in the UK. It is free to apply and take
part.

For more information and to apply follow this link:

http://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/what-we-do/makeshiftdo

We would encourage you to apply and register your space and activities
as soon as you are able to so we can get your details online and
visitors see the spaces taking part and book in advance.

Please pass this on to other spaces you think would be interested and
encourage them to apply, as there are many spaces we won’t know about
and also want to help profile.

We look forward to seeing you before but also on those days!

Very best wishes,
Hilary

________________________________

Hilary Chittenden

RSA Design Team

RSA

8 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ
Tel +44 20 7451 6935

Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 212424 and in
Scotland no. SC037784

________________________________

Help support the next generation of Fellows, by supporting the
Centenary Young Fellows scheme – for more information visit
www.thersa.org/cyf

________________________________

The RSA combines thought leadership with social innovation to further
human progress. Building on our 250 year history as a beacon for
enlightenment values, we undertake influential and varied research
projects and host the UK’s most ambitious free lecture series. Our
work is supported by 27,000 Fellows, an international network of
influencers and innovators from every field and background.

To find out more, you can:
Visit our website - http://www.theRSA.org
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/theRSAorg
Become our fan on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/theRSAorg

Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 212424 and in
Scotland no. SC037784

View our standard legal disclaimer - http://www.thersa.org/email-disclaimer

---